Mark Fields The Next CFO

bobbyd

Fox News reported yesterday that the recent trip to the White House by Mark Fields is setting the foundation to move him to CFO of Ford soon and eventually take over Alan's job. If you look back at Field's 'Track Record' you find that Ford put him in charge of Mazda initially and then sent him to lead the former failed "Premier Automotive Group" in charge of Volvo, Aston Martin, Land Rover and Jaguar. All costly failures. I think WXYZ had a special on Field's using corporate Ford Jets to fly to his million dollar mansion in Florida while the company was losing money and market share and terminating many hard working employees.

As of today...everything that Field's handled has failed for Ford and actually cost the company tons of lost capital.

My concern is I fear Ford is taking the wrong road (similar to choosing Jac Nasser) to run the company. I hope they are NOT serious about this. I hope we keep Alan for a long time. I need my pension!

Fox News reported yesterday that the recent trip to the White House by Mark Fields is setting the foundation to move him to CFO of Ford soon and eventually take over Alan's job. If you look back at Field's 'Track Record' you find that Ford put him in charge of Mazda initially and then sent him to lead the former failed "Premier Automotive Group" in charge of Volvo, Aston Martin, Land Rover and Jaguar. All costly failures. I think WXYZ had a special on Field's using corporate Ford Jets to fly to his million dollar mansion in Florida while the company was losing money and market share and terminating many hard working employees.

As of today...everything that Field's handled has failed for Ford and actually cost the company tons of lost capital.

My concern is I fear Ford is taking the wrong road (similar to choosing Jac Nasser) to run the company. I hope they are NOT serious about this. I hope we keep Alan for a long time. I need my pension!

I'd guess CEO instead of CFO, and the Edge has worked out pretty well. Much of the success Ford is seeing today is based on decisions that Mark Fields played a crucial role.

I hope Alan stays for many more years, but I think we could do much worse than Mark as his successor.