2007 Expy interior?

jscozz

I am waitig to order an 07 Expy... And have reveiwed the order guide and pics I see around the net, but I get conflicting info about the EB interior choices... Ford site has only Charcoal and Camel listed with no mention of accents or solid (and no image available yet). January ad lists gray as one of the EB choices. The order guide lists "Camel w/ grey stone accent" or "Charcoal w/ camel accent". The pics I have seen show some charcoal on the seats but a tan color all over the rest of the vehicle which does not sound like Charcoal with camel accents... I would not expect that "accents" are the entire interior except the edges of seats.

I just want to get an order in the queue, but have no clear info about interior color... would there happen to be anyone on here involved with the production that has seen the interiors? I would greatly appreciate any help that could be provided.

Thanks,

Jeff

I am waitig to order an 07 Expy... And have reveiwed the order guide and pics I see around the net, but I get conflicting info about the EB interior choices... Ford site has only Charcoal and Camel listed with no mention of accents or solid (and no image available yet). January ad lists gray as one of the EB choices. The order guide lists "Camel w/ grey stone accent" or "Charcoal w/ camel accent". The pics I have seen show some charcoal on the seats but a tan color all over the rest of the vehicle which does not sound like Charcoal with camel accents... I would not expect that "accents" are the entire interior except the edges of seats.

I just want to get an order in the queue, but have no clear info about interior color... would there happen to be anyone on here involved with the production that has seen the interiors? I would greatly appreciate any help that could be provided.

Thanks,

Jeff

I work at MTP. The Eddie Bauer interiors came in two colors Camel and Charcoal but they are two tone. The camel interior was mostly tan with dark grey trim on the edges of the seat and head rest. The charcoal interior was mostly black with tan trim on the edges on the seat and head rest. The limited interiors came in two colors Stone and Charcoal. The limited seats are one solid color not two tone. To me the limited is the best looking truck all around but it also is the most expensive. The xlt came in charcoal and stone, but I can't remember seeing a xlt in camel.

I work at MTP. The Eddie Bauer interiors came in two colors Camel and Charcoal but they are two tone. The camel interior was mostly tan with dark grey trim on the edges of the seat and head rest. The charcoal interior was mostly black with tan trim on the edges on the seat and head rest. The limited interiors came in two colors Stone and Charcoal. The limited seats are one solid color not two tone. To me the limited is the best looking truck all around but it also is the most expensive. The xlt came in charcoal and stone, but I can't remember seeing a xlt in camel.

Hey MTPMAN, its good to hear some inside info from MTP. I've been waiting to pull the trigger on a 2007 Expedition EL myself, but I'd like to actually see one first. The last build date I saw was 7/26. Are things on schedule? How does the build date relate to the actual date a vehicle leaves the plant? Updates are appreciated. My wife is pressuring me towards the Yukon XL, but I think an Expedition will be worth the wait. I keep telling her that we should be able to see one by early Sept.

Hey MTPMAN, its good to hear some inside info from MTP. I've been waiting to pull the trigger on a 2007 Expedition EL myself, but I'd like to actually see one first. The last build date I saw was 7/26. Are things on schedule? How does the build date relate to the actual date a vehicle leaves the plant? Updates are appreciated. My wife is pressuring me towards the Yukon XL, but I think an Expedition will be worth the wait. I keep telling her that we should be able to see one by early Sept.

We only built a little over three hundred trucks last week and we are off next week. We are trying to get use to our new jobs because of the changes to the 07 model year. To my knowledge the 07's should be at the dealers by October,I could be wrong but I will try to get more info when we get back to work on the 31st. The Expedition EL Limited is a really nice looking truck and the interior is the best I have seen in any SUV.

We only built a little over three hundred trucks last week and we are off next week. We are trying to get use to our new jobs because of the changes to the 07 model year. To my knowledge the 07's should be at the dealers by October,I could be wrong but I will try to get more info when we get back to work on the 31st. The Expedition EL Limited is a really nice looking truck and the interior is the best I have seen in any SUV.

Thanks for the update. I'll look forward to hearing more.

Yeah... I would love to hear also... I just hate to pull the trigger on such an expensive purchase without seeing it in person... especially a new model year color like Carbon... I'd hate for my first reaction to be... oh shit!

I almost fell in love with a Dark Cherry Explorer this weekend... it took everything I had to resist the immediate gratification!!!! I sure wish they had Dark Cherry for the Expedition Limited. Oh well.

I already know that the full charcoal interior is for me... but I really want to know how the Carbon exterior looks with the Charcoal interior... too much black? Not enough color? Dark Cherry ext with Black int looks so good!! It is really a shame that the most expensive trim level has so few color choices... and the ones they have are pretty blah... bad!

On the interior question... thank you for your input... the picture that threw me off was this one...

http://www.sportruck.com/news/2007-Ford-Expedition/30.jpg

looks like black on the edges, but I guess it is the dark gray you described on the camel interior. It appears that the center console arm rest is also the accent color... in addition to the sides of the seat and the headrest as you described... I wonder if that means that the Charcoal with camel accent color set has a camel colored center console arm rest? I assume that I could easilly change out the arm rest and head rests (not cheaply though) to get rid of some of the tan color... but there probably ain't much I can do about the seats except buy a Limited. :)

It also appears that the wood grain stuff (yuck) is darker in the Limited (http://www.sportruck.com/news/2007-Ford-Expedition/35s.jpg) than in the EB (http://www.sportruck.com/news/2007-Ford-Expedition/dash2-big.jpg). Do you know if this is true or just a result of lighting in the pictures?

Thanks for all of your help.

Jeff

Yeah... I would love to hear also... I just hate to pull the trigger on such an expensive purchase without seeing it in person... especially a new model year color like Carbon... I'd hate for my first reaction to be... oh shit!

I almost fell in love with a Dark Cherry Explorer this weekend... it took everything I had to resist the immediate gratification!!!! I sure wish they had Dark Cherry for the Expedition Limited. Oh well.

I already know that the full charcoal interior is for me... but I really want to know how the Carbon exterior looks with the Charcoal interior... too much black? Not enough color? Dark Cherry ext with Black int looks so good!! It is really a shame that the most expensive trim level has so few color choices... and the ones they have are pretty blah... bad!

On the interior question... thank you for your input... the picture that threw me off was this one...

http://www.sportruck.com/news/2007-Ford-Expedition/30.jpg

looks like black on the edges, but I guess it is the dark gray you described on the camel interior. It appears that the center console arm rest is also the accent color... in addition to the sides of the seat and the headrest as you described... I wonder if that means that the Charcoal with camel accent color set has a camel colored center console arm rest? I assume that I could easilly change out the arm rest and head rests (not cheaply though) to get rid of some of the tan color... but there probably ain't much I can do about the seats except buy a Limited. :)

It also appears that the wood grain stuff (yuck) is darker in the Limited (http://www.sportruck.com/news/2007-Ford-Expedition/35s.jpg) than in the EB (http://www.sportruck.com/news/2007-Ford-Expedition/dash2-big.jpg). Do you know if this is true or just a result of lighting in the pictures?

Thanks for all of your help.

Jeff

I really don't to much care for those two tone colors on the seats either,and that picture you posted was a Eddie Bauer with the camel seats with dark grey trim that looks black. I saw a cashmere Limited at the local picnic yesterday with the Charcoal interior with the captin chairs in the second row and the wood grain was the same wood grain in the Eddie Bauer. The Limited colors I saw so far was Cashmere which is called white chocolate, dark copper which is like a burnt orange, black,and dark grey. The Eddie Bauer had a couple of new colors like the dark grey and a darker blue. I am sure their are more colors and I will let u know when I find out more info. Like I said earlier that Limited with the charcoal interior is out of site and I think I might be getting ready to order me one too.

MTPMAN,

Thanks for the reply. So, you got to see the new Carbon color and Black on the limiteds... How different do they look? I have never been a big fan of black, but I did like the old Dark Shadow Gray. How does the Carbon (what you called dark gray) compare to black and the old Dark Shadow Gray? Did you think the Carbon and black interior were too much dark and not enough other color?

I am also trying to decide between 18 and 20 wheels... hard to visualize whether the 20's will look too big...

Edited by jscozz

MTPMAN,

Thanks for the reply. So, you got to see the new Carbon color and Black on the limiteds... How different do they look? I have never been a big fan of black, but I did like the old Dark Shadow Gray. How does the Carbon (what you called dark gray) compare to black and the old Dark Shadow Gray? Did you think the Carbon and black interior were too much dark and not enough other color?

I am also trying to decide between 18 and 20 wheels... hard to visualize whether the 20's will look too big...

Dark Shadow Gray is the name of the new color I was talking about. I liked the black interior a whole lot and if you dont't like the black interior they also come in a stone interior that looks like a cross between tan and grey. Also I saw some chrome 20 wheels with pirelli tires on a Limited and it looked nice not to big.

MTPMAN,

The Dark Shadow Gray is not on the order guide I have for 07... the new color is listed as Carbon Metallic Clearcoat. I don't shoe Cashmere anymroe either... it is now White Sand for 07.

I LOVE the black interior... I am just trying to decide what exterior of the very LIMITED selection on the Limited trim level looks best with the black interior... the order guide shows black, carbon, pueblo gold, white sand and dark copper. I am not a fan of copper or white. So it is down to gold, carbon or black... I was just curious if you have seen these with black interios and which looked best... black and black might be too much inside and outside...

MTPMAN,

The Dark Shadow Gray is not on the order guide I have for 07... the new color is listed as Carbon Metallic Clearcoat. I don't shoe Cashmere anymroe either... it is now White Sand for 07.

I LOVE the black interior... I am just trying to decide what exterior of the very LIMITED selection on the Limited trim level looks best with the black interior... the order guide shows black, carbon, pueblo gold, white sand and dark copper. I am not a fan of copper or white. So it is down to gold, carbon or black... I was just curious if you have seen these with black interios and which looked best... black and black might be too much inside and outside...

The Carbon Metallic must be the new name for the Dark Shadow Grey. The thing about the Black interior is it has a little grey on the dash so it is not just pitch black. I hope they come out with some more color choices for the Limited also, and I will ask around and see if they do have some more colors coming out. I know in January we are suposed to launch the stretch Navigator so maybe they might start making some more different color Expeditions too.

• 10 months later...
The Carbon Metallic must be the new name for the Dark Shadow Grey. The thing about the Black interior is it has a little grey on the dash so it is not just pitch black. I hope they come out with some more color choices for the Limited also, and I will ask around and see if they do have some more colors coming out. I know in January we are suposed to launch the stretch Navigator so maybe they might start making some more different color Expeditions too.

Does anyone know the Paint Code for "Carbon Metallic Clearcoat" ?? Thanks in advance!!