Delayed Building Bump for electricians at DTP

Fatso

Reading between the lines on the situation.So,,,management can harrass workers and then when they want to exercize their seniority rights to switch to another building, as per contract and the company, with the agreement of the local, can say NO because too many of you want to leave the area?Business constraints?Thats bull$hit,they can let a few go at a time.Im gonna say it publically one time.If,,,,If,,,we just all stuck together,,instead of running around trying to make the bosses 'like us' for whatever reason;pat on the back;preferrential job assignments;overtime etc.That if we stuck together because the union is You and Me.In the long run we would still make the same $$$$ and we may get treated with some respect.My opion aside, its a shame to see seniority rights eroded.

Edited by Fatso

Funny. When I came to Body, everybody was bumping from Final to get away from the poor management. Now it's a mass exodus out. I wish "Katz" had another 10 to 15 years in him. "Mo" is terrible.

You will never get everybody to stick together. Some people like the preferential treatment but do not see/care about the effect it has on other people.

If it makes you feel any better, Body still isn't the worst building in the complex. Talk to any Electrician from Stamping. We still have it better.

Edited by Pioneer

Reading between the lines on the situation.So,,,management can harrass workers and then when they want to exercize their seniority rights to switch to another building, as per contract and the company, with the agreement of the local, can say NO because too many of you want to leave the area?Business constraints?Thats bull$hit,they can let a few go at a time.Im gonna say it publically one time.If,,,,If,,,we just all stuck together,,instead of running around trying to make the bosses 'like us' for whatever reason;pat on the back;preferrential job assignments;overtime etc.That if we stuck together because the union is You and Me.In the long run we would still make the same $$$$ and we may get treated with some respect.My opion aside, its a shame to see seniority rights eroded.

Well said Fatso, Well said!

I came in today and saw where the company is letting a few electricians bump.I started the topic based on the last notice I saw which said electrician bump was delayed due to 'business constraints'.I play the game too.I have to live here at DTP.I need my job-ARE YOU KIDDING ME!I am not out to 'make waves' neccessarily.Some bosses are just bullies plain and simple.Usually they pick on one guy at a time.Dont know what is wrong with this 'MO' {hahahaha} guy but from the sound of it he aint giving Ford a 'proffesional management' job.I dont like to see anybody have it bad but I have found that the guys you work with can make a big difference.Those electricians in the Body Shop,they aint chopped liver,those guys are G-O-O-D electricians.Maybe one day the company will realize that they need skilled electricians more than they need another bully of a boss.

Edited by Fatso