F-250 4X4 %.4 Triton V-8

bobbyd

Does anyone know if there is a problem with changing the spark plugs on the 5.4 V-8 engine with the F250. My neighbor owns a 2004 F250 4x4 5.4 Triton V-8 and he heard that its almost impossible to get at the plugs to change them. Is that true? We were thinking of buying his truck and would like to hear from anyone who might know about this issue.

Getting to them is not necessarily a huge problem. You do need to disconnect a few things to reach them and the back pair are buried a bit beneath the cowl. The main issue I've heard about with them is the plugs and/or threads breaking on them if they were previously installed incorrectly or have never been changed before.

Edited by NickF1011

thanx

Getting to them is not necessarily a huge problem. You do need to disconnect a few things to reach them and the back pair are buried a bit beneath the cowl. The main issue I've heard about with them is the plugs and/or threads breaking on them if they were previously installed incorrectly or have never been changed before.

Wow...just talked to Blackwell Ford and Bill Brown Ford Service about the 5.4 spark plug tune up. $400 to change the plugs...and that's if none of them break when they are trying to take them out. Its an additional $90 per plug if they break. All 5.4 V-8 plugs are a problem to change.