map has new hires walking in from the street!!!!

usedtobe898

Map has new people walking in off the street for those new low tier jobs.What happened to the PREFERENTIAL HIRING LIST that was stated in our latest nation agreement?Has any of the ach employees or temps from other facilities been offered these in zone jobs?Sounds like the international uaw is getting their people in first.I believe we should hire the temps and the ach people before people off the street get in ,they have put the careers on hold for these temp jobs and unsure futures.If you are a temp or ach employee call you union rep at your plant and have him follow up with answers asap!!!!!!!

Map has new people walking in off the street for those new low tier jobs.What happened to the PREFERENTIAL HIRING LIST that was stated in our latest nation agreement?Has any of the ach employees or temps from other facilities been offered these in zone jobs?Sounds like the international uaw is getting their people in first.I believe we should hire the temps and the ach people before people off the street get in ,they have put the careers on hold for these temp jobs and unsure futures.If you are a temp or ach employee call you union rep at your plant and have him follow up with answers asap!!!!!!!

I don't know about off the street new hires, I talked to several this morning that stated they were Temps from DTP.

• Like 1

Those are our temps from DTP and temps from other locations. Thanks to the UAW they provided a path to full time employment for them. Some of these temps now new hires have been temps for years.

Thank you UAW !!!!

• Like 4

All the new people I have talked with have been "temping" for years. (just like me)

I was told in 2010 that Ford is not testing for new people. (academic & dexterity tests) They have 100's, maybe even 1000+ from all the locations around here, and people that took the first buyout are allowed to come back, either this year or next year.

But like everyone already knows, who you know can get you on the fast-track.

• Like 1

All the new people I have talked with have been "temping" for years. (just like me)

I was told in 2010 that Ford is not testing for new people. (academic & dexterity tests) They have 100's, maybe even 1000+ from all the locations around here, and people that took the first buyout are allowed to come back, either this year or next year.

But like everyone already knows, who you know can get you on the fast-track.

And also from Wood Haven were I was at , now a new hire at MAP as of the 19th thanx IUAW and Jimmy Settles and crew "Brandon"

• Like 1

The rumor that MAP is hiring people off the street is, to my knowledge, completely false. I was one of those new hires at MAP and I have been a temp since January of 2007. Everybody in the group I hired in with had previously been a temp as well. So as far as I can tell, they haven’t hired anybody off the street. At least not yet anyway.

The only thing questionable about the MAP hirings is that is appears they didn’t do it by seniority. We were told last year that Ford would hire based on seniority ( but only counting seniority as far back as November of 07), yet from what I can tell, many of the new hires in the first couple groups were MAP temps that were brought in only last year. That means that the guy I work next to has 3 weeks more seniority than me, yet has only been a temp for Ford for less than a year. According to what we were told by the Union, that wasn’t supposed to happen. That being said, it’s hard for me to be upset about it since I now have a full time job.

During my time as a temp I’ve been to several plants and my experience with the union in those plants has been less than pleasant. I hear Local 900 is one of the good locals in the Ford system and the fact that they were able to force the company to hire full time workers rather than use temps for the upcoming C-Crew tells me that what I‘m being told about Local 900 is probably true.

• Like 2

The rumor that MAP is hiring people off the street is, to my knowledge, completely false. I was one of those new hires at MAP and I have been a temp since January of 2007. Everybody in the group I hired in with had previously been a temp as well. So as far as I can tell, they haven’t hired anybody off the street. At least not yet anyway.

The only thing questionable about the MAP hirings is that is appears they didn’t do it by seniority. We were told last year that Ford would hire based on seniority ( but only counting seniority as far back as November of 07), yet from what I can tell, many of the new hires in the first couple groups were MAP temps that were brought in only last year. That means that the guy I work next to has 3 weeks more seniority than me, yet has only been a temp for Ford for less than a year. According to what we were told by the Union, that wasn’t supposed to happen. That being said, it’s hard for me to be upset about it since I now have a full time job.

During my time as a temp I’ve been to several plants and my experience with the union in those plants has been less than pleasant. I hear Local 900 is one of the good locals in the Ford system and the fact that they were able to force the company to hire full time workers rather than use temps for the upcoming C-Crew tells me that what I‘m being told about Local 900 is probably true.

not what ive been told by an elected official at that plant-----there are people probably with internation ties who started in the last month with no previous ford work background --temp or ach! which is bullshit because these previous temps and ach workers had the rights to those job placements first.

did you talk to these 'new hires'?

or is your head up you...

did you talk to these 'new hires'?

or is your head up you...

nope but one of my hilo friends did -- and eat shit ball sac i dont give a shit if you believe me or not --the truth is the truth ,and you probably believe the union wouldnt lie or cheat to get their own in, yeah right

I bet you knew somebody to get hired at Ford,

that's just how it works bud !

yes i did i knew uncle sam i was in the army and ford was hiring people from the military-------and there was no contractual language about a prefered hiring list that there is in this great contract from our union---the temps and ach should have first choice=preferential

Edited by usedtobe898
  • Like 1

nope but one of my hilo friends did -- and eat shit ball sac i dont give a shit if you believe me or not --the truth is the truth ,and you probably believe the union wouldnt lie or cheat to get their own in, yeah right

well obviously you didn't talk to me or the others that I transferred back to my home plant with, because if you did we wouldn't be having this conversation.

not what ive been told by an elected official at that plant-----there are people probably with internation ties who started in the last month with no previous ford work background --temp or ach! which is bullshit because these previous temps and ach workers had the rights to those job placements first.

Well, if that is true, then thats really unfortunate. Ford has a lot of temps who have been with the company for a number of years, working as temporary while they watched as GM and Chrysler hired thousands of full-time workers. I know Ford would much rather use LTS temps than actually hire full time and the union actually let them get away with that the last few years (since the Nov 07 contract). If they are hiring off the street over temps who were promised preferential hiring then that, in my opinion, is a serious issue and a massive failure by the union.

I hope its not true. I haven't talked to anyone who was hired off the street over temps in the system and this is really the first I've heard about it. It wouldn't surprise me though, the union just isn't as strong as it used to be. Hell, us pre Nov 07 temps were told after the new contract we'd be grandfathered in at the old wage and even worked in 08 and 09 at the old wage before being knocked down to Tier 2 in 2010.

With the way hiring works at the Big 3, the fact that the union and salaried workers are getting their family and friends in is expected, but doing that over people who have worked hard for the company ( for years in most cases) in the hopes of eventually becoming permanent is disgusting as far as I'm cocnerned. I hope its not true and just a rumor started in an attenmpt to get people all bent out of shape.

In the end though, there really isn't anything any of us can do about it if it is true. I'm just happy to finally be permanent. So I'll just do my job and keep my mouth shut, at least until iIget my 3 months in. :-)

Ford likes someone off the street cause a temp keeps there time towards there retirement.

I didn't think we got to keep our time as a temps towards vested time. I know we used to (pre-Nov 07 contract), but I had figured that under the new contract we were no longer able to keep it. If that is the case thats awesome.

• Like 1

well obviously you didn't talk to me or the others that I transferred back to my home plant with, because if you did we wouldn't be having this conversation.

Who the fuck has time for a full blown life and death convo on the plant floor??

You union kids need to get a better story.

What you said about new hires off the street may actually be true. Yesterday I found out that several of the new hires who quit a couple weeks back were actually off the street and had never worked for Ford, let alone in assembly. I'm not sure on the number of odff the street people they brought in, but I imagine it was pretty small. Its interesting to see people who come in off the street because often they pretty quickly realize the things they've been told by Republicans about how Auto workers are overpaid and underworked is totally false. Many times they figure the work is easy and then they end up on the line and can't deal with the stress of working in production. Sure, there are some easy jobs, but those are almost always seniority jobs. In fact, I hate it when people try to tell me that Auto workers are overpaid and have an easy job, it really irritates the crap out of me. If they only knew.

Its unfortunate that Republicans hate the middle class and unions so much and that their disinformation about auto workers and unions has gained such a foothold in the minds of Americans. Who the Hell do they think helped build this country and make it great?! The USA was built on the backs of the hard-working middle class. Our Grandfathers and their fathers before them worked hard and fought to gain the right to an honest day's wage for an honest day's work from these company's who would rather piss on their workers rather then treat them right..