My review: 2013 Acura RDX

1334842200_4.JPG

All in all, there's little to fault in the redesigned 2013 Acura RDX. It matches the feel of pricier European competitors while offering simpler day-to-day ease of use and comfortably undercutting their price tags. A few competitors have more total cargo space or a cushier ride, but the RDX is a clear leader among five-seat premium SUVs.

Full review at link:

http://www.examiner.com/article/review-2013-acura-rdx

Our managing web editor has a first gen, it's an odd little bugger. The 2013 looks to be dramatically nicer, and likely a much nicer option than the stripper SRX available at the same pricepoint. I wish they would go further to tone down the "shield" beak, but I guess it's the only distinctive element of the front end. The headlights look more in line with the last-gen Camry than the rest of the Acura lineup.

I hope this Ohio-built model catches on, at least until the MKEscape comes online and mops the floor with it.

No more SH-AWD system? That technology is a hallmark of AWD Acura vehicles. It's somewhat odd that Honda decided not to use even the simplified version (i.e., without the third clutch pack and gearset) found on the previous RDX and on the TL, MDX, and ZDX.

No more SH-AWD system? That technology is a hallmark of AWD Acura vehicles. It's somewhat odd that Honda decided not to use even the simplified version (i.e., without the third clutch pack and gearset) found on the previous RDX and on the TL, MDX, and ZDX.

It reduced the cost of the AWD option, and I think it was Car and Driver that said the conventional system is lighter. So there are clear benefits to doing without it.