Saline votes yes

midnightshift

Its been serious for a long time..Unfortunatly, many people refused to believe it and now face a decision that could possibly hurt much more than it needed to. Ford was always serious about selling the Saline plant, your Local UAW reps, wanted you to hold out, and in the process Lied to everyone to get them to stay. But no worries...They all landed premium jobs and let the rest of you suffer whatever you end up with. Plus, Ole Tom K, protectred his kids,and got them jobs without regard to senority, and all the while fed everyone still at the plant a line of buillshit.

I wish those remaining the best of luck...its not gonna be an easy transition for many. Assembly plants are no joke!

Yes 76%*****No 24% Now it isnt rumor anymore, now it gets serious. A lot of sad people. If you have been through it, you know where im coming from. God, give us the wisdom to make the right choice.

you and you ford co-workers had MANY chances to go elsewhere. you did not. therefore you must....work !!

The profits all come from parts plants..SRP and SALINE make an annual profit of like 90 million, this is why Mullaly got huge bonuses for putting people out of work and closing these plants down...

Alan has secured his job for as long as he wants it at Ford and the longer he works there the more jobs will be put out to pasture. Keep voting yes on these contracts and you won't have a job down the road.

Alan said there as going to be 7,000 jobs created at ford this year, Wheres the jOBS?

Edited by morepie

Yea I wish I would have had the luxury of working at a parts plant, instead all I know is assembly and believe me I have aged quickly. It's no joke chasing that vehicle doing the same overloaded job in less than a minute for 10 or more hours!

Good Luck!

Sure, compared to work at a parts plant, Assembly line work is tough stuff. But the way you hear some people describe production line work, you'd think Ford would have all kinds of worker turnover. Line work isn't quite as terrible as some would like you to believe. Sure, if your job is hopelessly overloaded thats one thing, but in general line work isn't the worst thing ever. The truth is, is that there are people that are either lazy or badly out of shape (soprry if anyone is offended) or even both who make line work out to be like being slaves being forced to work in the mines.

Line work is only as bad as you make it out to be. Once you've learned the job and your body has adapted you should be fine. Here at MAP we've had a lot of new hires who came from parts plants quit which totally blows me away. These people put however many years into Ford in the hopes of being picked up full time/permanent, and then they have to work on the line and they quit. By doing that they have basically made the last several years of their life (however long they spwnt as an LTS) a complete waste of time IMO. And a lot of them, from what I understand, quit within the first week. They didn't even give the job or themselves a chance to get used to the work.

Good luck to anyone coming to an assembly plant from a parts plant. I hope you end up in a good departmentand on a good line and get a job that isn't overloaded.