2013 Flex Limited Cracked My Touch Screen

I just took delivery of my new 2013 Flex Limited. Today I was programming the pre sets for the FM stations and pushed the screen in the bottom left corner and the screen crack in several places. I have had 4 other Ford products with My Touch and never had this problem. I noticed several similar issues on the the Serious Explorations Website.

I called the dealer and he was somewhat hesitant to say it was a warranty fix. I guess I will find out when I take it in to service. Has anyone else had this problem?

Dale

It had better be a warranty fix! I ordered a new flex back in march and it should be here either this week or next. After dropping that much coin on a car they had better cover everything. I imagine though it was probably fractured either on the assembly line or in transit then completely cracked when you pushed it. Whatever the case that sucks and i can only imagine how frustrated you must be. I'll be sure to inspect mine thoroughly now. Let me know what the dealer says after you take it in.

Edited by Barrelmike

By the way what color and options did you get? Other than the cracked screen how do you like the car? We ordered a monochromatic deep impact blue limited w/ ecoboost. As for options we got the roof rails, tow package, second row buckets and inflatable seat belts.

The color is silver and is a Limited. Other than the cracked screen, the car is very nice. I love the handling and with the 20" premium wheels it looks great. I have had numerous people comment positively about the car and I am sure you will love the Flex.

As to the cracked screen, the dealer called today and advised they have ordered the replacement and it should be available in a few days so they can install.

Sounds nice. I was looking at a silver 2012 before I decided to order. It's the only other color I really liked but the 12 didn't have the 2nd row buckets and few other key options we couldn't live without. I'm glad to hear they are fixing the screen without a problem. I would hate to hear that you had to fight for it. This will be my first ford and I would hope that they and their dealers stand behind their products.