Focus ST now on fordpartner.com for X Plan

Unreal

This might be old news for some of you, but the ST is finally on the FordPartner.com site...

https://www.fordpartner.com/partnerweb/vehicles/pricing.do

We have known for a while now that the ST would be on X Plan, but for a long time it did not show up on the partner site. In fact, it was briefly on the exception list in the early days. You can now find it on fordpartner.com, and it shows up as "ST 5-door". Apparently there are still dealers telling people the ST does not qualify for X-Plan, so if this happens to you, you can direct them to fordparter.com where they can see for themselves the ST is there as a selection.

This might be old news for some of you, but the ST is finally on the FordPartner.com site...

https://www.fordpart...cles/pricing.do

We have known for a while now that the ST would be on X Plan, but for a long time it did not show up on the partner site. In fact, it was briefly on the exception list in the early days. You can now find it on fordpartner.com, and it shows up as "ST 5-door". Apparently there are still dealers telling people the ST does not qualify for X-Plan, so if this happens to you, you can direct them to fordparter.com where they can see for themselves the ST is there as a selection.

If the dealer doesn't want to sell a ST under X plan they are under no ogligation to do so. They can't sell something on X plan that's on the exception list but they don't have to sell something on X plan just because it's available.

Unless you have a dealer who really likes you my guess is most won't accept X plan initially for STs until they see how they sell and how many they're allocated.

I am fully aware that dealers can choose to participate in X-Plan or not. That is not the issue. The issue are the dealers telling customers the Focus ST does not qualify for X-Plan, when it actually does. The dealer I used gladly accepted X-Plan when I placed my ST order, and I know many others that have used X-Plan for the ST too. Some dealers just don't seem to keep up with anything that does not involve moving the cars they already have off the lot.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

My most-local dealer agrees its eligible, but they've not yet agreed to accept the pricing. Which in a way is just as well for me, as I'm not yet qualified. (Though I'm looking for a faster route than being a shareholder.)

Initial asking price from some dealers is MSRP + $2k, so it's a big difference.

Does Ford pay dealers anything extra for selling via X-plan, out of perhaps a marketing budget or some such? Or does the dealer just take the price, same as if you'd talked them down that far?

Hard to blame them, when some of the dealers in my area are asking MSRP + $2k. That's giving up five grand. (On the downside, it also makes the GTI five grand more attractive. The ST is the cool new kid on the block, true, but charging that much markup is a risky move for sales.)

The dealer is not losing 5K by going with X-Plan, but they are losing about 30k if they do not accept X-Plan. There is no way I would ever pay one penny over MSRP, so that is an automatic lost sale if they pull that crap. Yeah, I know there is a sucker born every minute, but I think the internet helps bring knowledge and negotiating power to anyone willing to research so they do not fall for those dumb dealer tricks. I am very glad my dealer was happy to accept X-Plan...the process was smooth, fast, fair, and stress free, like it should be.

Edited by Unreal

The dealer is not losing 5K by going with X-Plan, but they are losing about 30k if they do not accept X-Plan. There is no way I would ever pay one penny over MSRP, so that is an automatic lost sale if they pull that crap. Yeah, I know there is a sucker born every minute, but I think the internet helps bring knowledge and negotiating power to anyone willing to research so they do not fall for those dumb dealer tricks. I am very glad my dealer was happy to accept X-Plan...the process was smooth, fast, fair, and stress free, like it should be.

The dealer doesn't lose $30K - they do have to pay for the vehicle you know. And if they deny a X plan sale but sell that vehicle to another buyer at MSRP then they haven't lost anything and in fact they've made more money.

It's simple supply and demand. If the dealer has buyers willing to pay that much they'd be a fool not to take advantage of it. And if they go too far then they'll be stuck with vehicles they can't sell and pissed off customers. Either way I respect their right to sell at whatever price they want, just like you have the right not to buy anything from them.

The ST is on the list of qualifed X-plan vehicles as far as Ford is concerned. Your dealer is not correct.

Dealers do not have to participate in X-plan pricing -- but that's their choice, not Ford's, and they'll make that choice because they think they'll sell the car for more money that way -- if not to you, then someone else.

There's a very short list of cars that are excluded from the X-plan. The Focus Electric is the only Focus on that list.

https://www.fordpart...bleProducts.pdf

Edited by ldd

• 4 months later...

Hey Unreal, what dealer did you use to get your ST with the X-Plan, I'm in Merritt Island and am looking for one????