new to forum

tankmt

Hey, all! I came here to get some insight on the new Ford products. I've been researching the 2013 Fusion and Escape. I have to get my wife a new car and I needed to see some responses from Ford owners. My first car was a '77 Pinto MPG. Being young and dumb, I destroyed that car. Life's lessons were learned. I strayed away from Ford until '91 when I purchased a Ranger Supercab, new. Man, that was a great little truck. I traded it off for a 2001 Dodge Dakota. That was a super mistake, the Dodge was a lemon and it loved to take on water from heavy rains. I replaced the Dakota a year later with a Ram 1500. The Ram was a good truck but loved gas and I traded it off in 2006 for a Hyundai Tucson. The Tucson is paid off and it's time my wife had a new car. Good fuel mileage is a must but , the Focus is too small for us. I think a mid-sized sedan or small SUV will be our best fit.

If you want a Ford SUV, sounds like an Escape or Edge. Or sedan, the new Fusion has some very good looks coming soon. I'm currently in a 2010 Taurus and am patiently awaiting rail delivery of my 2013 Escape. Gas mileage and the fact that I miss having some form of a SUV was my reason for going with the Escape. The body improvements as well as the added tech features inside like Sync were helpful too!

• 1 month later...