Eastside Postings

Scorpioman

It has come to my attention that there were postings that went up at a few of the plants for the eastside. I know that we did not, nor have we ever had the opportunity to sign up for that at Flat Rock Assembly. I am not sure where they were all posted, but I know Sheldon Road and Rawsonville were a couple of them that got the postings.

As one of a few, I live on the eastside, and personally would like the opportunity to move over there. I feel that there is no reason why we were not afforded that considering that we have forced people to Woodhaven Stamping over the last 2 weeks.

Edited by Scorpioman

There are about 30 production employees in orientation this week at Van Dyke. Some are from Sterling, some from Rawsonville. Dunno if anyone from Sheldon Road is part of that group but if they had RTBU and still live on the east side then I guess they're here too. Two electritions were also brought in to Van Dyke from zone 1 that had RTBU.

Edited by The_Angry_Millwright

It has come to my attention that there were postings that went up at a few of the plants for the eastside. I know that we did not, nor have we ever had the opportunity to sign up for that at Flat Rock Assembly. I am not sure where they were all posted, but I know Sheldon Road and Rawsonville were a couple of them that got the postings.

As one of a few, I live on the eastside, and personally would like the opportunity to move over there. I feel that there is no reason why we were not afforded that considering that we have forced people to Woodhaven Stamping over the last 2 weeks.

I currently work at MAP, but am considering going back to FRAP (where I originally hired in ) when the 2nd shift gets up and running next year. I inquired about future postings for FRAP at my local and they actually told me that they wouldn't put up any postings at MAP because we currently have 'good product'. Does anybody else find that ridiculous? Or is it just me?

I currently drive about 30 minutes to work and with gas prices being the way they are would love to go back to FRAP where my drive time would be cut in half.

Do they have the right to refuse to put up postings and deny me my right to a transfer to another plant?

Edited by Goongala

I currently work at MAP, but am considering going back to FRAP (where I originally hired in ) when the 2nd shift gets up and running next year. I inquired about future postings for FRAP at my local and they actually told me that they wouldn't put up any postings at MAP because we currently have 'good product'. Does anybody else find that ridiculous? Or is it just me?

I currently drive about 30 minutes to work and with gas prices being the way they are would love to go back to FRAP where my drive time would be cut in half.

Do they have the right to refuse to put up postings and deny me my right to a transfer to another plant?

Trying to follow the money are ya. You play with fire long enough you Will get burned. :ohsnap:

trailfndr, if you were laying people off, even temporarily, would you think of that as a surplus of people? ( they do not have a return to work date, the posting for Woodhaven says 3 month renewable loan) It really bothers me that they would allow people to sign up for a plant that is 51 miles away (Rawsonville to Van Dyke) instead of sending them to Woodhaven stamping which is about 23 miles away? So, we laid people off and sent people to Woodhaven. If they had posted those jobs at my plant, FRAP, people who live out that way such as myself could maybe drive anywhere from 10 to 15 miles instead of driving 40 miles one way. We are just upset that we were not considered at all. If I were to sign it and could not make the cut according to seniority, then so be it, but to not get that opportunity is just a bunch of crap...

Edited by Scorpioman

trailfndr, if you were laying people off, even temporarily, would you think of that as a surplus of people? ( they do not have a return to work date, the posting for Woodhaven says 3 month renewable loan) It really bothers me that they would allow people to sign up for a plant that is 51 miles away (Rawsonville to Van Dyke) instead of sending them to Woodhaven stamping which is about 23 miles away? So, we laid people off and sent people to Woodhaven. If they had posted those jobs at my plant, FRAP, people who live out that way such as myself could maybe drive anywhere from 10 to 15 miles instead of driving 40 miles one way. We are just upset that we were not considered at all. If I were to sign it and could not make the cut according to seniority, then so be it, but to not get that opportunity is just a bunch of crap...

Without a return to work date, I personally would call that an excess. But you and I are not the company or the IUAW. We both know that over the past few years, they do whatever they want with no remorse, or recourse. Its sad, and shameful in my opinion, but my veiws simply don't count. Its all about the powers that be, and no longer about the membership.

• Like 2