Which Plants Are Hiring?????

bigdogg35

Hi I was wondering if any one knew of any plants that was hiring in Michigan either DTP, MAP, or ISA I know FRAP hiring but I hear thats not until next year in the spring or summer and I hear those jobs are locked by referrals or 1st Tier coming from other plants please serious posts only with valid information if its available my plant is to hush about whether they are or not I'm at DTP and hear 50000 million different rumors.

Thanks

Hi I was wondering if any one knew of any plants that was hiring in Michigan either DTP, MAP, or ISA I know FRAP hiring but I hear thats not until next year in the spring or summer and I hear those jobs are locked by referrals or 1st Tier coming from other plants please serious posts only with valid information if its available my plant is to hush about whether they are or not I'm at DTP and hear 50000 million different rumors.

Thanks

Even if any other plants are hiring, DTP won't allow you to leave unless there is excess people there Unfortunatly that is part ofthe International contract concerning transfers, the plant you are leaving mush have an excess number of employees for itto offered..

I'm not looking to leave I was looking to see who was hiring cause I have a family member in need of a job and they would be in the 2nd Tier category but I have been hearing a few of my co-workers stating that they were trying to go back to FRAP before they did bring in temps next year to fill those positions so what about ISA OR MAP are they hiring or have openings coming up

MAP or ISA just made most of there temp full time 2nd tier. Best way would to start out as a temp somewhere, but good luck with that. As far as going back to FRAP , theres no recall rights to go back and why would they let anybody go back when they can hire 2nd tier people.

I'm not looking to leave I was looking to see who was hiring cause I have a family member in need of a job and they would be in the 2nd Tier category but I have been hearing a few of my co-workers stating that they were trying to go back to FRAP before they did bring in temps next year to fill those positions so what about ISA OR MAP are they hiring or have openings coming up

Unfortunately, even if you could get your family member in , they'd more than likely come in as an LTS with zero guarantee of a full-time permament position being offered to them anytime in the near future. Ford already hired in most of their existing temps (at DTP,MAP, and various other locations like Sterling Axl. In fact, Sterling recently offered some of their temps permament full-time positions) and have now brought in a bunch of new off the street temps. So your family member would probably be pretty low on the list even if you could get them a referral. The folks who got hired in full time at MAP off the street from Michiagn Works were, from what I understand, pretty damn lucky as that sort of thing happens very, very rarely. Almost like winning the lottery as one Union official told me not too long ago.

As of right now Ithink FRAPwould be your family members best bet, even though it won't be until sometime next year. Even if it is only as an LTS, at least they would have their "foot in the door". Anyway, good luck in your search.

MAP or ISA just made most of there temp full time 2nd tier. Best way would to start out as a temp somewhere, but good luck with that. As far as going back to FRAP , theres no recall rights to go back and why would they let anybody go back when they can hire 2nd tier people.

MAP did bring in a lot of people throughout February and March of this year ( most were temps either from MAP or elsewhere with a small group actually being hired in full time right off the street) However they still have quite a few tmpesin the plant who, from what I guess they're being told aren't expected to be converted to permanent anytime soon. At least not at MAP. Maybe at FRAP if they end up getting laid off and sent there. Who knows though. Most don't have any clue as to what the company plans on doing with them. As is usually the case they can't seem to get a straight answer from the Union, and when they do manage to get answers they are usually conflicting.

I heard that ISA was hiring but I don't know how it's going and as far as MAP I thought everyone was made full time but its still former LTS That been with the plant when it was WAP that are still in the system and they didn't make full time yet I see MAP has a shady union but someone at FRAP told me that majority of those positions are being filled by employees who's plants are losing a shift and some on layoff so they will offer them those jobs first so they may only hire 200-300 new people and that they already received referrals a month ago but you hear so may many different stories I have a buddy at MAP I will have to ask and see

• 2 weeks later...