Fusion Energi tax credit

neod192

Do we know what capacity the Fusion Energi battery will have? Any idea what the tax credit will be on it?

I was able to price one out yesterday and it's about 8-9k more than the hybrid. A $7,500 tax credit would help reduce that gap and make it affordable.

Thanks!

Do we know what capacity the Fusion Energi battery will have? Any idea what the tax credit will be on it?

I was able to price one out yesterday and it's about 8-9k more than the hybrid. A $7,500 tax credit would help reduce that gap and make it affordable.

Thanks!

Should be $3750 just like the Cmax Energi. Same powertrain.

Should be $3750 just like the Cmax Energi. Same powertrain.

That's what I was thinking too, but the "Energi premium" doesn't make sense. It's only $995 on the C-MAX but $4k on the Fusion Titanium ... It would take 10 years in gas savings to make up the difference. I almost wonder if Ford priced it higher hoping for a bigger tax credit.

That's what I was thinking too, but the "Energi premium" doesn't make sense. It's only $995 on the C-MAX but $4k on the Fusion Titanium ... It would take 10 years in gas savings to make up the difference. I almost wonder if Ford priced it higher hoping for a bigger tax credit.

I think pricing against competitor products was maybe also a factor? C-Max Energi has direct competition with the Prius PIH... is there a direct mid-size competitor PIH for the Fusion Energi? I think maybe Nissan has one on the way? Just can't think of them off the top of my head, but I still wonder how much of a player this is.

I think pricing against competitor products was maybe also a factor? C-Max Energi has direct competition with the Prius PIH... is there a direct mid-size competitor PIH for the Fusion Energi? I think maybe Nissan has one on the way? Just can't think of them off the top of my head, but I still wonder how much of a player this is.

I don't like that. I don't want to pay more because others pay more. I want to pay more for the Energi (over the hybrid) based on how much the bigger battery / Energi tech costs ... The only competitor I can think of is the Accord Plug-in, and a review says "It will probably cost around $35,000 when it goes on sale in early 2013."

I like to think of the Volt as a competitor too, but that's way too overpriced for what you get (material quality wise, love their tech). BUT the volt gets $7,500 in tax credit, so the final price is in the low 30's.

Edited by neod192
  • Like 1

I don't like that. I don't want to pay more because others pay more.

Welcome to free market capitalism. The price of everything is dependent on what people are willing to pay.

If you were trying to sell your old vehicle and KBB said it was only worth $10K but everyone else was selling theirs for $15K - would you sell yours for $10K? I think not.

• Like 1

At least it's a larger car at the price of the volt. I had a hard time justifying it at that price point for a small car. Mid sized, however, much more reasonable.

That having been said, 5 years from now ill be in the market for a small electric sporty something I figure.