Oil change notification?

inswva

IIRC, the owner's manual indicates that a dash notification will appear when the oil life monitor decides it is time to change the oil. I've never seen it since I've changed the oil on my own prescribed intervals. I am curious though if anyone has actually seen the notification and how many miles it took to trigger it?

It took mine exactly 10,250 miles with "oil change due". I was begining to think it didn't even work like in my 2012 Focus.

It's a pretty crappy system with not being able to see percentage of life left and it doesn't even warn ahead of time with a "change oil soon" message.

Edited by svtenthusiast

^ Seasons greetings!

Thats a tough call. One mechanic a trust said to not use full synthetic right away, that you want the engine to break in a little. I changed my oil at 1500 using the motorcraft semi-synthetic and Ford oil filter. I was more curious about the process of changing the oil than I was worried about the engine needing it. I have a feeling my computer is going to go to 10,000 before the warning, so at that point I'm going full synthetic. If I were in your shoes, I would change it with the semi-synthetic now, and at 10,000 change it to full synthetic. Either way you can't go wrong. No way am I going a full 10,000 miles between changes. I don't care what the engineers say. Besides, I like getting under the vehicle to have a look-see and make sure everything looks OK. In the past, I have discovered lots of things by getting UNDER the vehicle. Albeit, usually when the vehicle starts to rack up high mileage is when crap starts to fall off underneath or rust away to the point of needing replacing.

edit-spelling error

Edited by Escapism