Ford Ranger

ertstap

Everyone seems to want to talk about the Ranger, so here goes. TCAP has the best warrenty quality in the entire Ford system,we have the awards to prove it!! Quality is supposed to help you ( a plant ) stay open,wrong answer.As far as to where the Ranger is moving,that is a mystery. Although I have some aquaintenses from Detroit that have said they have seen a new sign outside of the Heritage(Rouge) plant that proudly exclaims the home of the Ranger.

Take this message to the bank,if you think building your product with quality and TLC is going to save your jobs,THINK AGAIN.

I can only hope that most of the people who read this never have to experience what we are going through at TCAP. The hardest thing to do is walk through the doors every day knowing no matter what you do or how well you do your job Ford has a bullseye on your ass.

We do what we can to stay afloat but the good ship TCAP is going down :titanic:

Everyone seems to want to talk about the Ranger, so here goes. TCAP has the best warrenty quality in the entire Ford system,we have the awards to prove it!! Quality is supposed to help you ( a plant ) stay open,wrong answer.As far as to where the Ranger is moving,that is a mystery. Although I have some aquaintenses from Detroit that have said they have seen a new sign outside of the Heritage(Rouge) plant that proudly exclaims the home of the Ranger.

Take this message to the bank,if you think building your product with quality and TLC is going to save your jobs,THINK AGAIN.

I can only hope that most of the people who read this never have to experience what we are going through at TCAP. The hardest thing to do is walk through the doors every day knowing no matter what you do or how well you do your job Ford has a bullseye on your ass.

We do what we can to stay afloat but the good ship TCAP is going down :titanic:

If you would have joined back in January before the announcement instead of yesterday, you would see that TCAP is not the only workforce to go through this as you describe which is OLD news. There are plenty more yet to come, so wipe your nose and stay tuned. :baby:

LAP made the ranger in the 90's.

LAP built the Ranger from the time of inception untill Easter of 1999. Then the Ranger body shop was gutted to build the ST. The trim shop was retooled the following shutdown. This was back when we were building in excess of 90 jph at superior quality. :rockon:

Sorry to argue, but LAP NEVER made ranger in the 90's. I've worked at TCAP for 28 years, and the only other plant to build it was Edison since about '87

The original home of the Ranger was Louisville(KY) Assembly plant.We started building them in 1982.I know I was there.The Bronco II went into production about 1984.We ran 77 jobs per hour at first,which increased to 92 jobs per hour,after the Bronco II came out.We didn't have the capacity to build the supercab Ranger,so that is when Twin Cities picked that up in 1984.We always thought Twin Cities only built the Supercab Ranger.Edison started building the Ranger in 1987? after the Ranger became a huge seller and Louisville Assembly could not keep up with demand.Just like when Explorer first was a huge hit,Louisvile Assembly could not keep up with demand and St Louis picked up our overflow.We have been very fortunate to have produced some of Ford's most popular vehicles.I remember when Japanese auto industry people used to tour our plant,because they wanted to know what we were doing?90+ jobs per hour and excellent Quality too!I would put our workforce up against any.And also by the way dream weaver we built the Ranger up until the fall of 1999.We launched the Sport Trac in 2000 as a 2001 model.No big deal man but just thought I'd add a little solid info to the discussion.A little sugestion check the facts before making a statement. :rolleyes:

The original home of the Ranger was Louisville(KY) Assembly plant.We started building them in 1982.I know I was there.The Bronco II went into production about 1984.We ran 77 jobs per hour at first,which increased to 92 jobs per hour,after the Bronco II came out.We didn't have the capacity to build the supercab Ranger,so that is when Twin Cities picked that up in 1984.We always thought Twin Cities only built the Supercab Ranger.Edison started building the Ranger in 1987? after the Ranger became a huge seller and Louisville Assembly could not keep up with demand.Just like when Explorer first was a huge hit,Louisvile Assembly could not keep up with demand and St Louis picked up our overflow.We have been very fortunate to have produced some of Ford's most popular vehicles.I remember when Japanese auto industry people used to tour our plant,because they wanted to know what we were doing?90+ jobs per hour and excellent Quality too!I would put our workforce up against any.And also by the way dream weaver we built the Ranger up until the fall of 1999.We launched the Sport Trac in 2000 as a 2001 model.No big deal man but just thought I'd add a little solid info to the discussion.A little sugestion check the facts before making a statement. :rolleyes:

TCAP was building F-Series when Ranger S/C came and both were built on the same lines. The regular cab came in small ammounts at first while LAP was on constant OT building Explorers. In '92 after the 10 weeks off for re-tooling for the '93 Ranger, TCAP went 100% Rangers. After a brief set of lay-offs from the '92 recession, TCAP went into LAP-like OT cranking out Rangers like there was no tomorrow...