Windshield wiper issues.......anyone else having this....

Bailey151

problem?

We've had some rain the last few days & using my windshield wipers I've discovered an issue. The faster I go the less effective they become. They're fine up to about 55-60mph, @ 65 they chatter a bit, over that & they start to chatter quite a bit.

This makes them pretty useless, the more they chatter the less water they remove = not much help, especially @ zero dark thirty while commuting (traffic)

My initial guess is air is getting under the wipers & lifting them off the windshield.

Anyone else?

OK, I just had to go to the dealer to pick up a part for my 2010. I asked the Service Manager about the windshield wipers. He said if the car sat in Mexico in the lot with the sun beating down on the car they could have become warped and won't fit flush with the windshield.

He said to take the car to the dealer and they will replace the wipers for free. He said he has had to do three cars so far. They were all on the stop ship and customers complained of the very same thing you are.

He added....don't wait to long to get them replaced. Hope this works for you.

• Like 2

OK, I just had to go to the dealer to pick up a part for my 2010. I asked the Service Manager about the windshield wipers. He said if the car sat in Mexico in the lot with the sun beating down on the car they could have become warped and won't fit flush with the windshield.

He said to take the car to the dealer and they will replace the wipers for free. He said he has had to do three cars so far. They were all on the stop ship and customers complained of the very same thing you are.

He added....don't wait to long to get them replaced. Hope this works for you.

This makes sense... Get them replaced and you should be good.