Greetings

CMXNRG

Hello to you CMXNRG! About when do you expect your Energi?

I'm curious about folks buying their Energis with respect to what they typically do with their current vehicles. Do most trade in the old one, hand it down to a family member, or just have an additional vehicle? In other words, are they completely replacing the old probably lower mpg vehicle with the highly efficient Energi?

In my case, I'm retiring my truck to truck duty only when I (finally) get my Energi. What happens to your truck and Echo when the new baby comes?

• Like 1

Hello Deermouse,

Order date was Feb. 16.

We plan on trading the Echo in on the purchase. It's currently my work commuter until we receive the Energi. The truck has been our travel vehicle we usually tote around a lot of gear on trips and a fishing boat from time to time I don't think that will change unless we get a roof rack carrier for some trips.

Like GadgetGirl, we drive our vehicles as long as possible. We're trading in a 2003 Mazda6. We need a car we don't have to manually shift (clutch) and want reasonably green and very energy efficient. Also, keeping an eye out for GadgetGirl's vehicle delivery which will be ANY DAY NOW!?!?

Like GadgetGirl, we drive our vehicles as long as possible. We're trading in a 2003 Mazda6. We need a car we don't have to manually shift (clutch) and want reasonably green and very energy efficient. Also, keeping an eye out for GadgetGirl's vehicle delivery which will be ANY DAY NOW!?!?

Oh dear Lord, I hope so. This waiting is taking years off my life!

Looks like we are a bunch of thrifty folks, hanging onto vehicles for a good long time. My truck is a 96, and I plan to never buy another one - hoping once the Energi arrives and becomes my commuting vehicle that the low miles put on the truck will extend its life forever.

Like CMXNRG notes, there are some things only a truck can do, so we need to hang onto it.

Like Rhea, I'll be happy to switch from a manual transmission. The fun of shifting lost its appeal around 1999.

I'd love to get my husband to trade in his 03 Element for an Energi, or at least a Cmax hybrid, but he thinks he can't fit his music gear in it.

Looks like you have a fairly recent order CMX - here's hoping for a short wait and speedy delivery!