Hermosillo Shipping Backlog

jkirkman

Do certain dealerships have higher priority? I'm about to order a 2014 ford fusion titanium (nav, driver assist and park assist), and a few dealerships are telling me 6-8 weeks and some dealerships are stating 4-6 weeks...

What should I realistically expect?

6-8 sounds right unless the dealership has an order in the pipeline already that they can modify for you. Each dealer gets a different allocation depending on how many they sell so it's possible a dealer might not have allocation and that could delay the order another week or two.

• Like 1

So if mine was built 10/25, it should be shipping out shortly?

That can be a crap shoot based on consolidation of rail cars going to different places, vehicle needing additional QA actions, etc etc. If things fall into place it will get onto a rail car the next day and be on its way.. mine wasn't so lucky last year, took 11 days.... but around that time (last December) there was a huge shipping backlog so that wasn't so bad, as some users on here waited several months. Ask your dealer if they would run a Vehicle Visibility Report for you and hopefully they will, and once it is scheduled for a rail car they can give you that rail car number and you can call the 800 number (listed a few times on various threads here) and track progress of the rail car.

• 4 weeks later...