Anxiously Waiting

Nick P

Hi everyone. Just joining this forum and have read some great information already. I am waiting for delivery of mynew Fusion Hybrid. The car was built on 1/29/2013 but delivery has been delayed from the original ETA of 2/26. Hope to learn a lot more as I read on.

I'm also new here. Ordered a Fusion Hybrid in December, was scheduled for delivery week of 2/18. I talked with a regional customer service manager last week who said "maybe" it'll be shipped by the end of the month. I wish Ford would offer some form of compensation for these long delays.

• Like 1

To update everyone my delivery date was pushed out to 3/5 and when I called the dealer all they could tell me was that there was a hold and it may be for quality reasons and there was no ETA listed. Needless to say this made me very nervous. That's when I found out about the employee vehicle locator service Ford employees provide. I contacted them and they said the car was at the rail destination near my dealer and delivery was imminent. Sure enough on Friday 3/8 the dealer called to say the car was in and I cpuld pick it up.

When I got there to get the car my salesperson was shocked that I was able to locate the car when he couldn't do it. He kept asking how I was able to do that. That's how awesome these forums are!

Anyway, I picked up the car on 3/8 and love it! Today is 3/20 and I still haven't had to fill the tank. I've gone about 425 miles and still have 1/4 of a tank. And this is the first tank of fuel! The instrument panel is telling me 41 mpg so far! I expect it to get even better as the car gets broken in and the weather warms up. Cold temps really affect the mileage.

Good luck to everyone still waiting for their cars. I'm here to tell you it is woth the wait.

• 3 weeks later...

Yikes - I came here hoping to find information saying that my 2013 Fusion Titanium I ordered on 2/18 would be nearing an expected date but after reading around this forum I'm thinking I may be waiting quite a bit longer! The dealer so far had only said that it had a build date of 4/1. I thought a car only took about 18-24 hours to go from a pile of parts to fully assembled but I guess there's a ton of other stuff that needs to happen!