Ordered HyTi Feb 19th. Waiting for VIN and learning

wacevedo

Hi there. My name is Will and I'm from Oregon. I ordered by Titanium Hybrid exactly a month ago and still waiting for the VIN. First time I place an order for a vehicle, I've always purchased from dealership stock. Have to say it adds to the excitement of obtaining a new car but it can sure be frustrating primarily because of all the time you have to wait to get an update from your dealer.

I'm taking the time to read the .pdf version fo the owners manual so that at least I'll be familiar with my car when I finally get it.

Can you get a VIN only from the dealership? Is it possible to get an order # and then use that to get a VIN from Ford cust service?

Thanks!

I got my VIN from Ford chat. Just log on to www.Ford.com and if you have your order number and the dealership code (you should be able to get that off your vehicle order confirmation, if not just ask your dealer) you can just give that info to the Ford chat person and they should be able to see if a VIN has been created yet. You can get to Ford chat by going on the site and building a car, you'll see the chat button in the top left corner.

Welcome to the forum Will!

I too live in Oregon and have a HyTi on order. I've been using the dealer # and order # combo to get status for awhile now. Took a couple tries to nail down the correct dealer number but Ford Marketing helped with that (dealer had the letter out of order).

Long story short you'll want to comb the forums because there are tons of ways to get status although some are better than others and the dealers usually get the best reports.

Good luck in getting your Fusion soon, hopefully ours will be in the same train!

Thanks Riggo,

I contacted my dealership to ask for their code #, as well as the VOC. My sales person has been responsible so far, but I have to say after the order is placed, things change a bit in terms of responsiveness. Waiting...

Thanks for the Hint.

Hi Wazzul,

I'm from Hillsboro. The closest dealership I have was the one who offered the best deal, so I didn't have to travel too far from home. :)

You ordered your HyTi a full month before I did, so I truly hope yours is put on a train without delays.

Do you have a VIN # already?

No VIN yet, still in order processing. Basically just haven't been picked up for a build date yet. I expect it to be scheduled here soon. But since they just started ramping up production we will probably be getting out cars around the same time.