Changing options after ordering

jkes55

You can make changes, but the actual build date gets delayed. My dealer was afraid to make any changes, because I would most likely lose my spot in line.

BTW, if you have a VIN your car also had a scheduled to week date. They're both generated when the order is scheduled.

You can make changes, but the actual build date gets delayed. My dealer was afraid to make any changes, because I would most likely lose my spot in line.

BTW, if you have a VIN your car also had a scheduled to week date. They're both generated when the order is scheduled.

I do have a VIN so does that mean it's too late to make changes? Or are you just suggesting at this point it's not worth losing my spot in line?

Does anybody know how late in the process you can make changes to the order to add more options?

For instance, if you have a VIN but no build date, can changes still be made or is it too late?

Your windows sticker shows a date of 4/12/2013 and the car is usually produced 7 days after that date which would be tomorrow.

What change did you want to make?

I wanted to add Adaptive Cruise Control to the vehicle.

You could have your dealer convert this current vehicle to a "dealer ordered" for their stock and reorder what you want. If you get impatient waiting for the process to start over, maybe they'll have a dealer order come in before yours is built that will suit your needs and you can change to that vehicle.

Any way you slice it, it looks like you'd be looking at more wait time to get that feature.

I had my dealer make changes in options to my HyTi (added a package) after I had a build date and it did not delay the build. I think we made a change as close as week or so before the build date and it went through fine with no delays. But my dealer had gotten the regional Ford rep to bump my order up to priority 0, so that might have helped.

My car was built on schedule and made it from Hermosillo to Massachusetts in about a week. Too bad it's been sitting at the railhead in Massachusetts for another week waiting to be loaded onto a carrier and brought to the dealer...

Edited by BadHorseChorus

I wanted to add Adaptive Cruise Control to the vehicle.

In my opinion, this would be worth the wait, if there is any additional wait. I love adaptive cruise!

And I was impatient enough to order 2 cars to see which one came in first. (Ordered both with adaptive cruise...)

• Like 1

In my opinion, this would be worth the wait, if there is any additional wait. I love adaptive cruise!

And I was impatient enough to order 2 cars to see which one came in first. (Ordered both with adaptive cruise...)

Have to agree - 5 minutes on the highway & the adaptive becomes a "must have" feature.