Miscellaneous Transit Delay (Auto Warehousing )

II6h067II

Hey Guys,

I've been waiting for my '13 MKZ-Hybrid for what seems like forever now (actually I started the process 12.2012). To cut a very ... very long story short, my MKZ left the factory and went into shipping and entered a 'Delay' state more than 2 months ago.

What I was hoping to find out was - has anyone else experienced the extended nondescript - hotel stay for wayward cars?

Cheers

Sounds like the dreaded "TBD".

When Ford/Lincoln was short on a particular part, instead of stopping production to wait for the part, they built the cars without it and essentially set them aside until the parts came in. Status: TBD. Unfortunately, when they resolved the supply shortage, all the parts coming in would go into cars currently being built, leaving the TBD cars unfinished with no real end in sight.

Lots of folks just ended up putting in a 2nd order from the dealership. Which, not surprisingly, came in well before their first order.

GL!

Hey Guys,

I've been waiting for my '13 MKZ-Hybrid for what seems like forever now (actually I started the process 12.2012). To cut a very ... very long story short, my MKZ left the factory and went into shipping and entered a 'Delay' state more than 2 months ago.

What I was hoping to find out was - has anyone else experienced the extended nondescript - hotel stay for wayward cars?

Cheers

I would concur, when I was waiting for my hybrid, this occured as well. Did you order anything different with your model, such as seat belt air bags, gingerale color, etc..... I have some some of these add on's cause delays, as the stated above, they don't stop production but instead put your car in storage off site. Sorry for the frustration, I know how that feels. Order OCT,2012 received Mar, 2013

Hey Guys,

Cheers

Are you actively tracking the VIN# or have been contacted weekly with status by your dealer or LCS? Most if not all preorders were delivered by now. Like some of the other posters said, it varies on trim, color, etc and dealer allocation.

Are you actively tracking the VIN# or have been contacted weekly with status by your dealer or LCS? Most if not all preorders were delivered by now. Like some of the other posters said, it varies on trim, color, etc and dealer allocation.

More or less - my dealer is somewhat sporadically checking in and every time, over the last couple of months, it has read the same

In Transit Delay- Miscellaneous Transit Delay (Auto Warehousing ) Flat Rock, MI Mar-28-2013, 06:01 ET Mar-24-2013

I would concur, when I was waiting for my hybrid, this occured as well. Did you order anything different with your model, such as seat belt air bags, gingerale color, etc..... I have some some of these add on's cause delays, as the stated above, they don't stop production but instead put your car in storage off site. Sorry for the frustration, I know how that feels. Order OCT,2012 received Mar, 2013

I did order the seat belt air bags. It's at least a little more comforting to hear that I'm not crazy or perhaps over-expecting.

Sounds like the dreaded "TBD".

When Ford/Lincoln was short on a particular part, instead of stopping production to wait for the part, they built the cars without it and essentially set them aside until the parts came in. Status: TBD. Unfortunately, when they resolved the supply shortage, all the parts coming in would go into cars currently being built, leaving the TBD cars unfinished with no real end in sight.

Lots of folks just ended up putting in a 2nd order from the dealership. Which, not surprisingly, came in well before their first order.

GL!

Thanks for the insight - it's far more than I've been able to glean from my dealer who seemed to be in the same boat as me as it relates to more information than delayed..