2014 Mustang GT500 - ordered

Colerpa

Now that I have it on order, I feel a little impatient, I am ready to drive. This will be a daily driver for me, except for bad weather, don't see me taking this out in the snow... or all the salt often. I see many performance mods for GT500. I will be very happy to have the stock level of performance and have a warranty. At the power levels we are talking about... management of the heat generated, the torque (drive train), suspension and braking... I see the current GT500 as a good balance. It would seem that even mild improvements in power immediately erode what little margin we have in engine cooling, braking....\

appreciate your thoughts.. comments and I hope all had a great memorial day.

Great ride I purchased a 500 new back in 07. The first year of production. You will NOT want to drive it in the winter! It does not like snow. Very low ride. They are a real pleasure to drive. We took ours through the blue ridge parkway the first year.

You will not have to wait as long as I did for delivery (ordered on the long week end in May 2005). To get on the list for delivery to Canada I believe 421 where shipped to Canada of the 10,000 built in 2007.

You will really like how it handles and with 540 plus hp you do not need the mods. Trust me.

• 2 weeks later...

Talked with dealer today, should be pulled for build soon, at least that is the word. No plans to take it out in the snow, but we often have some cool, cold weather with sunny skies, no snow... will be hard to keep it in the garage. Looking at using 19 inch wheels from GT... wider tires (all weather) in the back, may talk with Tire Rack.

• 2 weeks later...

Found out today a VIN has been generated, hoped I would get it today. The current ETA is 8 August. So for now all I will take to the dealer is some front mud flaps. Thinking about truecarbon front flaps. http://www.trucarbon.net/2010_2013_Mustang_LG48_Splash_Guard_GT_GT500_p/tc10025-lg48.htm

I think I will finance via PenFed,

Hope you all have a great week.

Congratulations on your order. I was in the dealership where I bought my cars and they had a black 500 on the floor. I'm the proud owner of a triple black 68 KR500 with very - very low miles on it. $4694.00 compared to $50K for one today.

• Like 1

Dealer provided the VIN today, reviewed the window sticker, configuration looks good: 2014 Shelby GT500 Coupe, Exterior: Sterling Gray Metallic Interior Char Black, Equipment Group 821A, SVT track package, low gloss black tape strip. After I obtained the VIN from the dealer I called: For SVT orderers only:

If you ordered a SVT vehicle such as the Ford Raptor or a Shelby GT500, then you can call Customer Relationship Center at 1-800-392-3673 then select option 4 then 6 then 2..

Very nice woman from south Florida informed me that production started today. Anticipated completion date between August 8th and the 14th. Assembly plant is Flat Rock, these folks are very busy, they crossed the one millionth mustang production point. http://blog.caranddriver.com/fords-flat-rock-facility-births-its-millionth-mustang-mustang-mega-gallery/

Hermans, I took a look at 68 GT500 KTR, wow... I would have bought the car also. How is it looking now that you have had it for a while. I think you need to visit the Ford Show in Carlisle, PA next summer, 50th anniversary for Mustang. Bring the KTR, I will buy the beer and hot wings one night.

Regards,

Philip

I bought the car in 1988 from a Ford executive who bought the car, and it's sister car, new. I thought about the show in Carlisle, but the car is professionally stored out of state and is professionally transported when it gets out of its cage. It's 500 KR which stands for "King of the Road."

Edited by hermans