How-To: Swap SE tail lights for Titanium...

JScullin

I have done the SE to Ti swap and the effect is not the same. The outer light and the inner light on at the same time. I like this look, as it makes it a more customized look. Other people on this forum who have installed Ti lights on an SE, have tried to swap pins on the SE to make the Ti light appear work correctly, but to no avail. It probably has more to do with programming than swapping pins.

f827840a63fd689d7b97807d1ea5bbfc.jpg

Edited by Gkinla

I have done the SE to Ti swap and the effect is not the same. The outer light and the inner light on at the same time. I like this look, as it makes it a more customized look. Other people on this forum who have installed Ti lights on an SE, have tried to swap pins on the SE to make the Ti light appear work correctly, but to no avail. It probably has more to do with programming than swapping pins.

So this is what yours looks like with the swap? If so I'm fine with that. Looks much better than just SE

I'd love to find someone who works with Fords IDS system nearby to at least plug mine in and see if it's a simple parameter change.

The next time I'm in for service I'll ask. I did inquire about getting the courtesy lane change flash from three to at least six flashes. The dealer did hook up the computer and looked for the parameter, they found it but it was locked at 3 and couldn't be changed.

So since both the outer ring and inner light set are on at the same time after this upgrade, does they both also blink on and off like this when the turn signal or hazards are turned on? The TI does not as the outer ring stays solid and only the inner light set blinks on and off.

So since both the outer ring and inner light set are on at the same time after this upgrade, does they both also blink on and off like this when the turn signal or hazards are turned on? The TI does not as the outer ring stays solid and only the inner light set blinks on and off.

The outer light stays on continuously and doesn't change brightness, the inner acts just like a stock SE.

• 10 months later...
  • 9 months later...

Kind of a gravedig, but I got a Titanium taillight on my SE as an accidental replacement during warranty work; for the trouble of bringing it back in, I asked them to replace the other side with another Ti light! Nothing like $900 in free parts. Anyway, I also noticed the night running tail light staying on as different from the Ti model, due to the SE not normally having the LED rings.

I've been trying to figure out a solution and have considered inserting some electronics in the brake/running light wiring so as to filter out the lower current of a night running light while letting the higher brake-press current pass through. Has anyone had success or heard of this being successful? I haven't yet had a chance to dig into the wiring, but it seems like it would work.

• 2 months later...

DS7Z-13405-B $228.15

DS7Z-13404-B $228.15

DS7Z-13404-D $423.87

DS7Z-13405-D $440.23

I'm so confused... I find parts with the same numbers except the last one... Do you know what's the difference between DS7Z-13404-B ("yours") and DS7Z-13404-A (e.g. http://www.silverstatefordparts.com/ford/fusion/ds7z13404a/2014-year/titanium-trim/2-0l-l4-gas-engine/electrical-cat/backup-lamps-scat/?part_name=backup-lamp-assy) and DS7Z-13404-ACP (e.g. http://www.silverstatefordparts.com/oe-ford/ds7z13404acp)???