'13 Fusion - Back windows won't roll down

FusionNewbie

Hey all,

I'm just putting this out there to see if anyone else has the same problem:

For whatever reason, my rear windows (both sides) will not roll down the first 4-5 I push the switch down from the driver controls. I'll push them down both to the manual-down level and to the auto-down level, and neither will engage. However, if I pull UP on the switch, I hear the click engage and then if I press down again, it will go down. Neither of my front windows has this behavior and sometimes it only affects the back-driver while the back-passenger window will work like normal. They will switch, however.

Sorry if this doesn't make sense...anyone experience this as well?

I sorta had some flakiness to my windows up/down prior to a fix on my vehicle. Random windows would not respond to key fob auto up or a full pull on the window switch. It has since gone away after they fixed a bad connection in the harness related to another issue.

Chris,

Not sure if this will work for you, but my dealer advised that I needed to run the "Door Window Initialization Procedure". They had done this a few times and they had replaced the master switch, but my windows had, again, lost the "express up" capability for just the front windows. They sent me the procedure on a pdf, which I can't post here, but I'll copy it. The first two steps on the procedure warn about checking for objects in the path of the window.

If you inadvertently start the procedure without finishing it, your windows will stop working properly. What I believe I was doing was checking the windows to make sure that they worked and without knowing it I activated the procedure. My guess is that I"m not the only person who has taken his car in for this.

When I did this procedure, it fixed my problem:

1. Start the engine

2. Lift and hold the window control switch until the window is fully closed.

3. Release the window control switch.

4. Lift and hold the window control switch again for at least one second

5. Press and hold the window control switch until the door window is fully open.

6. Release the window control switch.

7. Lift and hold the window control switch until the window is fully closed.

8. Test for correct indow operation by carrying out the one-touch down and one-toch up features.

Good luck!

Steve