Anyone else with a C-Max Energi SEL ON HOLD - 9/2013

marvinnative

I have a vehicle on special order from a dealer in South Carolina (I live in the Charlotte, NC area). After being told it had shipped, we found out it did not ship after all, but is still at the factory in Michigan ON HOLD. We don't know why it's on hold and we don't know when it might release. Is anyone aware of any reason why our Energi might be ON HOLD as of September, 2013?

VIN: 1FADP5CU8DL549822

Model: 2013 C-Max Energi SEL

Color: Ruby Red Metallic Tinted/Charcoal Black Leather

Equipment Group: 302A - Panoramic Sunroof, 50 state emissions

Ordered 4/22/13 (told expected delivery 8 to 10 weeks)

Notified of pre-production status: 7/17/13 (told to expect delivery end of August, 2013)

Notified that vehicle was shipping 8/25/13 (told to expect delivery Labor Day weekend, 2013)

Notified car was showing on dealer's paperwork at the railyard in Columbia, SC on 8/30/13

Notified car was not a railyard in Columbia, but still in Michigan at factory on HOLD on 9/4/13

I have pulled the "sticker" and am trying to interpret if there are any clues on it. Do any of the numbers/codes on the sticker indicate any info as to where the car might be in the process?

Doesn't seem like this would keep the car from getting to the dealer, would just keep the dealer from turning the vehicle over to you until the action was completed... I bet it was something else.

TO:AllU.S.Ford and Lincoln Dealers

SUBJECT: DEMONSTRATION / DELIVERY HOLD Advance Notice - Compliance Recall 13C02

Certain 2013Model Year C-MAX Vehicles Built without a Panorama RoofHeadliner Head Impact Protection

AFFECTED VEHICLESCertain 2013 model year C-MAX vehicles without a Panorama Roof built at the Michigan Assembly Plant from Job #1 through June 26, 2013. Affected vehicles are identified in OASIS. In addition, fora list of vehicles assigned to your dealership, visithttps://web.fsavinlists.dealerconnection.com

This information will be available on July 10, 2013.REASON FOR THIS COMPLIANCE RECALLThe affected vehicles may not conform to the requirements specified by Federal Motor Vehicle SafetyStandard (FMVSS) No. 201, Occupant Protection in Interior Impact. Affected vehicles were built withinsufficient interior head impact protection at the roof/B-Pillar area.

SERVICE ACTION

DO NOT DEMONSTRATE OR DELIVER any of the affected vehicles until the necessary repairs havebeen performed. Parts are not currently available tocomplete this repair. A complete Dealer Bulletincontaining parts ordering information and repair instructions will be provided to dealers as soon as parts are available, which is expected to be before the end of July, 2013.

CUSTOMER NOTIFICATION

Owners of record will be notified via first-class mail after repair instructions and parts ordering information have been provided to dealers.

You can always make a few more posts and then start a topic on the locator area... unless done already.

Below are the rules, follow them closely and you can get info -- I think the dealer can also get this, but from posts by many others their dealer either doesn't know how to get it or doesn't want to give the info to the customer, for whatever reason.

http://www.blueovalforums.com/forums/index.php?/topic/41207-current-tracking-rules-no-tracking-between-0627-0715/

It wouldn't seem this recall relates to my car, since mine has the sunroof. I'm just curious to understand what is going on.

If you can`t get a straight answer or explanation in the next week, I`d simply notify your selling Dealership of your intentions of canceling your MY 2013 C-MAX Special Order and (re-order) a MY 2014 C-MAX next week when the Order Guide opens! JOB 1 Date for MY 2014 starts Dec 2. If you put your order in next week, you should have a Build date in early Dec and take delivery of a 2014 instead of a 2013 by late Dec. If you`ve waited this long, I`d wait a few more months and get the MY 2014 improvements and save a years Depreciation too!

• 2 weeks later...