Red Brick Interior

Lucifer

The pictures of it on the Ford website look gorgeous, but when I google the red brick in other Ford interiors it looks very... tomato-y. If it looks like the interior on the website I'm interested, but if it doesn't, I guess I'll have to go for another option. Maybe medium soft ceramic, if it's not too dark beige?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I've got a Sterling Grey exterior with Brick Red Interior, supposed to be delivered January 13th.

That sounds like a great color combination. It is the exact colors I am thinking I may get. I am also thinking about the Dark Side, but I haven't seen any in person yet, so I am still undecided. I think I am 70% Sterling Gray, though.

Did you also order the H-Spoke 19" dark stainless steel rims/tires too?

That sounds like a great color combination. It is the exact colors I am thinking I may get. I am also thinking about the Dark Side, but I haven't seen any in person yet, so I am still undecided. I think I am 70% Sterling Gray, though.

Did you also order the H-Spoke 19" dark stainless steel rims/tires too?

The "H-Spoked" rims weren't talking to me, so I went with the "Y-Spoked" rims. Now I may be second guessing that. The H's look a little darker, and may look more in place once I get all the windows tinted. I have seen the Y's on the same colored car, and they don't look out of place. I don't know, it's one of those decisions I try not to think about anymore.

The "H-Spoked" rims weren't talking to me, so I went with the "Y-Spoked" rims. Now I may be second guessing that. The H's look a little darker, and may look more in place once I get all the windows tinted. I have seen the Y's on the same colored car, and they don't look out of place. I don't know, it's one of those decisions I try not to think about anymore.

I understand you not wanting to think about those decisions anymore. Make your best decision and move on. I sweating the decisions and changing my mind back and forth and I am 6 months out from ordering. I may drive myself crazy. I have never ordered a new car before, I have always bought them off of the lot from the selection available.

I am sure that the waiting will be tough, but exciting. I hope the time passes quickly.

I understand you not wanting to think about those decisions anymore. Make your best decision and move on. I sweating the decisions and changing my mind back and forth and I am 6 months out from ordering. I may drive myself crazy. I have never ordered a new car before, I have always bought them off of the lot from the selection available.

I am sure that the waiting will be tough, but exciting. I hope the time passes quickly.

I originally wanted this car ordered in May of this year. The dealer that I deal with ran out of allotment for Fusions, and I was unable to find another dealer before Ford closed the order bank. So I waited, and waited, and waited. Then in July-ish Ford USA updated their build and price to 2014 Fusions. It wasn't until mid-November the Ford Canada updated their Fusions. So I spent a crap pile of time on Edmund's, Cars.com and sites like that, deciding, agonizing over options. When I finally ordered the car in mid-September their were very few cars available to look at with the new options. I was only able to find 1 car with the red interior and fell in love with it instantly. Well, that and I hated the all black of 2013 cars. When I asked dealers about heated and cooled seats and heated steering wheels, they just cocked their heads to the side like I was some kind of idiot and they weren't sure how to get rid of me. After I convinced them that "Yes, Ford is going to build cars with those options for the 2014 MY", I always got "Well that's news to me interesting to see one". To which I thought "No crap, that's why I'm here". So now that my car is finally rolling along (I finally have a window sticker), I'm getting super excited about it. It will be nice to drive something more affordable than my 2008 F350 as a daily driver. For me, the days are dragging on and on. Being on here and living vicariously through those that are already loving their cars is all I have right now. You have the advantage of being able to go down to a Dealer prior to ordering and seeing all the options and deciding which ones you must have, really want and aren't that important to you. I had to decide sight unseen on a couple of choices, but there were a lot that I was able to play with on cars on the Dealer lot. Make sure you get exactly what you want. Their isn't a whole lot better than getting the vehicle EXACTLY as you want it, and ordering is something I recommend to everyone I talk cars with. I've ordered the last 2 trucks and now this Fusion and I can't wait for it to get here.

Edited by ReadySetSmoke

I originally wanted this car ordered in May of this year. The dealer that I deal with ran out of allotment for Fusions, and I was unable to find another dealer before Ford closed the order bank. So I waited, and waited, and waited. Then in July-ish Ford USA updated their build and price to 2014 Fusions. It wasn't until mid-November the Ford Canada updated their Fusions. So I spent a crap pile of time on Edmund's, Cars.com and sites like that, deciding, agonizing over options. When I finally ordered the car in mid-September their were very few cars available to look at with the new options. I was only able to find 1 car with the red interior and fell in love with it instantly. Well, that and I hated the all black of 2013 cars. When I asked dealers about heated and cooled seats and heated steering wheels, they just cocked their heads to the side like I was some kind of idiot and they weren't sure how to get rid of me. After I convinced them that "Yes, Ford is going to build cars with those options for the 2014 MY", I always got "Well that's news to me interesting to see one". To which I thought "No crap, that's why I'm here". So now that my car is finally rolling along (I finally have a window sticker), I'm getting super excited about it. It will be nice to drive something more affordable than my 2008 F350 as a daily driver. For me, the days are dragging on and on. Being on here and living vicariously through those that are already loving their cars is all I have right now. You have the advantage of being able to go down to a Dealer prior to ordering and seeing all the options and deciding which ones you must have, really want and aren't that important to you. I had to decide sight unseen on a couple of choices, but there were a lot that I was able to play with on cars on the Dealer lot. Make sure you get exactly what you want. Their isn't a whole lot better than getting the vehicle EXACTLY as you want it, and ordering is something I recommend to everyone I talk cars with. I've ordered the last 2 trucks and now this Fusion and I can't wait for it to get here.

It sounds like you have been through a lot to get your car ordered. I hope the build and delivery go quickly. I am excited to get exactly what I ordered, that probably increases owner satisfaction. Please keep me informed on the build of your car.

I am hoping to order one too, maybe very similar soon. I may order sooner than I really wanted to if there are changes that I don't want next year. I am hearing that 70-80% of Fords in North America next year will have the automatic start/stop feature. I don't need this feature, as I mostly drive on the highway and I don't want this feature because I believe that it will cause starters and batteries to fail much sooner. I also don't like the idea that the A/C stops when you are stopped and the car turns off. If this is the only way to get a Fusion Titanium next year, I will have to make adjustments.

Sorry for the rant, but Fords upcoming features may impact when I buy/what year car I order. If I wait I may have to go to another brand for my car and I really like the Ford, and the Red Brick Interior.

It sounds like you have been through a lot to get your car ordered. I hope the build and delivery go quickly. I am excited to get exactly what I ordered, that probably increases owner satisfaction. Please keep me informed on the build of your car.

I am hoping to order one too, maybe very similar soon. I may order sooner than I really wanted to if there are changes that I don't want next year. I am hearing that 70-80% of Fords in North America next year will have the automatic start/stop feature. I don't need this feature, as I mostly drive on the highway and I don't want this feature because I believe that it will cause starters and batteries to fail much sooner. I also don't like the idea that the A/C stops when you are stopped and the car turns off. If this is the only way to get a Fusion Titanium next year, I will have to make adjustments.

Sorry for the rant, but Fords upcoming features may impact when I buy/what year car I order. If I wait I may have to go to another brand for my car and I really like the Ford, and the Red Brick Interior.

The window sticker was issued on the 12th. I just checked and the car was built yesterday (17th). Woot woot!! :rockon:

• Like 1