Pairing two phones via BT (one for Sync calls, one for BT audio)

inswva

Perhaps there is an easier (intended) way to do this or maybe I've exploited a bug in Sync. I have a work phone (iPhone 4) and a personal phone (Galaxy Nexus). I wanted to connect the iPhone via BT to handle phone calls but still be able to stream BT audio from my Gnex at the same time. I kind of stumbled upon this by accident.

(the iPhone is my preferred device in the MFT BT connection settings so it always pairs automatically when I start the car)

1. After iPhone pairs automatically, I go into BT connection settings in MFT and pair my Gnex instead.

2. Now that the Gnex is paired, I can select BT Audio and start streaming my content

3. Turn vehicle off and open door to turn off radio

4. Close door and restart vehicle - iPhone automatically pairs for phone calls and the Gnex remains connected via BT for audio streaming

Calls to/from my iPhone will interrupt the Gnex BT audio and Sync kicks in to handle the call. Upon disconnecting the call the BT streaming audio from my Gnex resumes and the iPhone stays paired as well.

If there is built in functionality to do this, I'd be glad to hear how it's done. My way seems kind of kludgy. Without doing it this way, BT audio always insists on trying to stream from the iPhone.

Edited by inswva