Hello!

Romans5.8

No Build Date or ETA yet. We shall see! We're keeping the Taurus. My wife works here in town and will drive it to work. It has 168k miles on it. I absolutely love that Taurus though. Not sporty or firm, but that's a good thing. Comfy, plush leather seats (so many cars now have these super firm sporty leather seats. I like sporty, but a big sedan should have a level of comfort). The seats themselves are wide and thick. Just floats on air. It's a fantastic, wonderful car. Quiet. Lumbers along at 2k RPM's on the interstate. Can't tell the difference between 65 and 85 in the way the car rides. The Focus, on the test drive, was not near that nice. BUT, it was way better than any subcompact I've ever driven, is cheap, and gets 40mpg!

I'm not a big fan of Automatics and one of the gillions of reasons is as they age, they begin to shift rough and everything else. On this Taurus, with just regular transmission maintenance, you can't tell when it shifts. So quiet and butter smooth. Front to back it's one of my favorite cars I've ever driven. Fast? Nah. 0-60 is not measured in seconds it's measured in numbers of attempts followed by fail/succeed. But at the end of a nice long road trip, it sure is nice to be in that boat!

Unfortunately, they've really price the Taurus way out of there and taken away some of it's great qualities. Namely, they've made it another sporty/firm riding sedan. Although you can't take a corner very fast, I really like the floaty feeling of my Taurus. The new Taurus is a good car though, and so is the Fusion.

Edited by Romans5.8