How Long Before Eligible for Health Care Benefits

expolice

My son started at FRAP a couple of weeks ago as a full time hire. Not sure if that is the right term or not. He initially was a Long Term Supplemental employee. Was laid off for about 3-4 weeks and got a call back with the committment to become a full time employee. He will probably end up on 2nd shift.

Anyway, I'm trying to find out when he is eligible for health care benefits. Is there a "Waiting Period" he needs to complete before being eligible?

Not for certain, but this is how it went into effect for me many years ago. If he is a full time hire, then his health care benefits will start the month after his 90th calendar day of hire. So, if he gains his 90th day on March 10, his benefits would begin on April 1st.

An Entry Level Employee will gain health care the first of the month following their 7 full months of employment. They will gain dental and vision 3 and 5 years later. Depending on how long they were an LTS, that time may/should count towards their 7 months of employment. It is in the Collective Bargaining Agreement.

An Entry Level Employee will gain health care the first of the month following their 7 full months of employment. They will gain dental and vision 3 and 5 years later. Depending on how long they were an LTS, that time may/should count towards their 7 months of employment. It is in the Collective Bargaining Agreement.

Edited by newworld

• 3 weeks later...