"Late Availability Options" - When are they being built

ReadySetSmoke

I put down my deposit on a 2014MY Fusion Titanium AWD in September. It has every option except adaptive cruise and the moonroof. At least 2 optons are listed as "Late Availability", the heated steering wheel and heated and cooled front seats. I was told by my Dealer that cars with these options were being built as of November 4th. Is that true? I still don't have anything from Ford (VIN or build date) stating that they are even going to build this car. I was screwed out of a factory ordered 2013MY Fusion by another dealer, and I'd really not have to deal with this again.

Yes they are now being built, I know someone whose car has these options and was built 11 days ago and is in transit. Maybe your dealer doesn't have allocation and so the order hasn't been picked up and scheduled yet?

They don't have a single 2014 on the lot yet, so I'm not sure how much of their allocation they have used.

Retail orders (sold to customers) are supposed to be 10-19. Dealer stock is 20-99. Lower is better. It only matters within the dealer's order bank, not between different dealers since dealer allocation is done first, then within the dealer's allocation they're built in order of priority (low to high).