Less Than A Week Until Delivery

ReadySetSmoke

I hope you are aware that a lifetime Sirius subscription on a car stays with the car forever. It can't be transferred to another car. The only exception is if the radio breaks and has to be replaced the subscription can be transferred to the new radio in the same car.

I hope you are aware that a lifetime Sirius subscription on a car stays with the car forever. It can't be transferred to another car. The only exception is if the radio breaks and has to be replaced the subscription can be transferred to the new radio in the same car.

Yes I am, but thank you for the information as other readers may not be aware of that. I'm purchasing this car, not leasing it. A 3 year subscription is $495. With a Lifetime, you're looking at it being free after approximately 4 years. I currently drive a 6.5 year old truck with no plans of getting rid of it, and I see no reason why I wouldn't keep this car as long or longer.

Edited by ReadySetSmoke

Just a few things:

1. First and foremost the obvious, check for ANY defects. This includes any scratches in the paint, rims, interior.

2. Check for trunk misalignment issues. Horizontal trunk misalignment isn't that bad, but I rather have it equal on both sides. Vertical trunk misalignment though, is absolutely abhorrent. Any vertical misalignment on those beautiful titanium tail-lights just look horrible :(. Definitely want to check for that!

3. Make sure you double and triple check your financial paperwork. Make sure those rebates are applied! If you have a $750 coupon, make sure that's applied as well.

4. Any services and/or incentives your dealership has (1-2 free oil changes, etc), have those in writing.

Also, as far as siriusxm goes.. those prices are negotiable. Two of my friends and one of my family members pay about less than 25% of whatever the price is.
For example, one of my friends got a life time membership (this year) for a little under $300. My other friend is paying $78 a year + fees for "all access".

My family member is paying a little over $13 a year for XM traffic only. Traffic + travel link was $21 or something, but travel link was useless for us.

Edited by Triple-Tap

When did Sirius change the life time subscription? I have transferred the one I have twice!

You can get Sirius for about $5/month b/c they're desperate for subscribers

True. That's what I got when I recently extended my service on the 2009 MKZ - and the $5/month even includes online radio. This website might come in handy if anyone is wondering what the recent deals are:

http://www.spoofee.com/how-to-get-a-discount-sirius-xm-radio-subscription/deals/732226#.Usyy5_RDs8l

This is all fine and dandy for someone who wants recurring monthly bills. Pay for it once, and it's done. You've also got to keep in mind not all Countries are treated the same, Ford and Sirius are perfect examples. Don't worry, I watch enough American TV to know that I'm being f@cked over for just about every product or service I receive.

Just a few things:

1. First and foremost the obvious, check for ANY defects. This includes any scratches in the paint, rims, interior.

2. Check for trunk misalignment issues. Horizontal trunk misalignment isn't that bad, but I rather have it equal on both sides. Vertical trunk misalignment though, is absolutely abhorrent. Any vertical misalignment on those beautiful titanium tail-lights just look horrible :(. Definitely want to check for that!

3. Make sure you double and triple check your financial paperwork. Make sure those rebates are applied! If you have a $750 coupon, make sure that's applied as well.

4. Any services and/or incentives your dealership has (1-2 free oil changes, etc), have those in writing.

Also, as far as siriusxm goes.. those prices are negotiable. Two of my friends and one of my family members pay about less than 25% of whatever the price is.

For example, one of my friends got a life time membership (this year) for a little under $300. My other friend is paying $78 a year + fees for "all access".

My family member is paying a little over $13 a year for XM traffic only. Traffic + travel link was $21 or something, but travel link was useless for us.

Good tips..I will be taking delivery soon as well and will check for these!

• Like 1

So my 2014 Fusion Titanium AWD is expected in less than a week. I've got the dealer working on a price for a lifetime Sirius subscription and molded splash guards. Is there anything that I should be looking for, any issues that people have found early on that I need to have the Dealer address?

Hey when did you place your order? I have a similar order and just placed it this week and was wondering how yours moved along?

Hey when did you place your order? I have a similar order and just placed it this week and was wondering how yours moved along?

I placed my order in September, but I knew that it was going to be a long wait as multiple options weren't being built by Ford until early November. It was built on December 17 and was supposed to be delivered January 13, but is now delayed until January 31st.

Edited by ReadySetSmoke