Orange frost

Could someone post a pic of a sport trac in this color.

I thought all the other colors were quite mondane and long in the tooth.

I was waiting fot Job 2 to order one.

I drove one last spring with the 4.6 Awesome.

The windshield had issues and I hated the door handle and like others no 'cup' in the door rest to grab when the door opened too wide.

Job 2 answered my needs and wants.

Orange frost will meet my wants for a fresh color. I want to see it before the order is pulled in case I hate it.

The dealer will install the Explorer grill with no 'nostrils' and the running boards and roof rack in black from a XLT as I think the truck will look wider with the grill change and the black should go better with the orange than the chrome or silver painted step and rack.

Pics please.

LOL...he emailed me and I replied. I wasn't trying to keep it from anyone. All I had was a pic of the Orange Frost Ironman Explorer. I should have thought of the mysporttrac website. Those guys sure love thier Sport Tracs.

Just pullin your chain Cal. You've been a huge help to me.

Just pullin your chain Cal. You've been a huge help to me.

This is a pic I recieved from a guy at LAP. I will have the dealer swap the silver roof rails and steps for the black XLT ones, I like the black and orange, that is why I did'nt want the Chrome package.

I also don't like the grill nostrils, I am getting the grill changed out for the 06 explorer grill, it makes it look wider and shorter.

post-15718-1156349485_thumb.jpg

Edited by TBN LEISHA

• 3 weeks later...

We picked up our 2007 4X2 Dark Cherry Limited ST Wed night.

It has the Moonroof, Sirius, 6 disc, V8, Class lll/lV tow package,(7100 lb tow capacity), Safety canopy, Graphite 2 tone leather heated seats, reverse sensing system, power rear window, bed extender, hard tonneau cover, power pedals, electronics package, dual zone A/C plus the std power locks, windows, CC etc.

It drives amazing, shifts flawlessly and feels like the handling is from a decent car, not a truck.

Surprisingly quick too it appears.

X-Plan was just about $31,330 plus or minus $30 bucks...

$500 rebate from Ford Credit, 4.9% rate and we are loving it....

It is getting shitty mileage, (11.6 so far), as we knew it would and were told by my salesman, but hey it's only got 100 miles on it....No one buys a V8 truck expecting Focus mileage, that's why I have a Focus ST commuter car....

4X2 ST is rated 15 city/21 highway with the V6, or the V8. 5 spd A/T with the V6, 6 spd A/T with the V8...

I will probably install a K&N drop in air filter and of course Mobil 1 before we run it up the East Coast to Boston in Oct. That should break it in right....

It came when my salesman said it would, (ordered near the end of July as a Job 2 vehicle), and there was no problems or surprises during the delivery process, everything was as we were told from day 1 of the ordering process.

The most glaring omission from Quality is job whatever, is that the Rt/S and tailgate V8 emblems were missing at delivery, they are on order. The left side is fine and attached to the truck.

My wife loves it, she also loves her 2002 GT Vert with all the mods, but the truck is pure comfort and very

luxurious for a tow/multipurpose functional vehicle.....again an amazing vehicle overall.

It got the nod over a very impressive, but just too big 2007 Avalanche....also a great truck.

The ST is just better sized for what we wanted.

We are on the Shelby GT list for Jan delivery or ??? I'm going with Black I think......

We saw an Orange Frost on the lot and it is striking, but not for us...too bright to look at everyday!!!!

I will be replacing my 2003 Z71 Suburban tow vehicle in Boston with a 2007 Suburban LTZ the 1st week of Oct when we get to the house in Boston.

My cousin has sold the 03 thru his Chevy dealership, and should have the new one by the 9th.

He is again selling me the new one at his dealer cost, (he owns the dealership), and is going to let me drive his 2007 Z06 in an attempt to get me to buy one at his cost, instead of the GT500 we ordered, (and may never get at this point it seems).

He had told me upper 50's low 60's was his actual final cost on 1, people here told me that was BS they cost more. I don't really know, but his personal car cost him 58K he told me...I will look and see what is on it when we are up there.

There is a couple in Autoweek for 67-70, so his cost number seems about right.

The local dealers here are asking 30K over on a GT500, which becomess $74-80K depending on Coupe or Vert.... so a Z06 for 60 or even 65 is a better deal at this point than a GT500 to me...especially if we get the Shelby GT, I'll have too many cars again... as if that is possible!!!! :happy feet:

We picked up our 2007 4X2 Dark Cherry Limited ST Wed night.

It has the Moonroof, Sirius, 6 disc, V8, Class lll/lV tow package,(7100 lb tow capacity), Safety canopy, Graphite 2 tone leather heated seats, reverse sensing system, power rear window, bed extender, hard tonneau cover, power pedals, electronics package, dual zone A/C plus the std power locks, windows, CC etc.

It drives amazing, shifts flawlessly and feels like the handling is from a decent car, not a truck.

Surprisingly quick too it appears.

X-Plan was just about $31,330 plus or minus $30 bucks...

$500 rebate from Ford Credit, 4.9% rate and we are loving it....

It is getting shitty mileage, (11.6 so far), as we knew it would and were told by my salesman, but hey it's only got 100 miles on it....No one buys a V8 truck expecting Focus mileage, that's why I have a Focus ST commuter car....

4X2 ST is rated 15 city/21 highway with the V6, or the V8. 5 spd A/T with the V6, 6 spd A/T with the V8...

I will probably install a K&N drop in air filter and of course Mobil 1 before we run it up the East Coast to Boston in Oct. That should break it in right....

It came when my salesman said it would, (ordered near the end of July as a Job 2 vehicle), and there was no problems or surprises during the delivery process, everything was as we were told from day 1 of the ordering process.

The most glaring omission from Quality is job whatever, is that the Rt/S and tailgate V8 emblems were missing at delivery, they are on order. The left side is fine and attached to the truck.

My wife loves it, she also loves her 2002 GT Vert with all the mods, but the truck is pure comfort and very

luxurious for a tow/multipurpose functional vehicle.....again an amazing vehicle overall.

It got the nod over a very impressive, but just too big 2007 Avalanche....also a great truck.

The ST is just better sized for what we wanted.

We are on the Shelby GT list for Jan delivery or ??? I'm going with Black I think......

We saw an Orange Frost on the lot and it is striking, but not for us...too bright to look at everyday!!!!

I will be replacing my 2003 Z71 Suburban tow vehicle in Boston with a 2007 Suburban LTZ the 1st week of Oct when we get to the house in Boston.

My cousin has sold the 03 thru his Chevy dealership, and should have the new one by the 9th.

He is again selling me the new one at his dealer cost, (he owns the dealership), and is going to let me drive his 2007 Z06 in an attempt to get me to buy one at his cost, instead of the GT500 we ordered, (and may never get at this point it seems).

He had told me upper 50's low 60's was his actual final cost on 1, people here told me that was BS they cost more. I don't really know, but his personal car cost him 58K he told me...I will look and see what is on it when we are up there.

There is a couple in Autoweek for 67-70, so his cost number seems about right.

The local dealers here are asking 30K over on a GT500, which becomess $74-80K depending on Coupe or Vert.... so a Z06 for 60 or even 65 is a better deal at this point than a GT500 to me...especially if we get the Shelby GT, I'll have too many cars again... as if that is possible!!!! :happy feet:

The Sport Trac does not get a V8 emblem on the tailgate.The ST V8 is on the sides of the fenders.As far as the ST tailgate,the lower left side gets the Explorer Sport Trac emblem,which includes either Limited,XLT etc.The right side tailgate only gets a emblem if it's a 4x4.Quality is job 1 still lives!By the way your fuel mileage will improve greatly as your ST gets broken in.Enjoy that new Sport Trac and take care. :)

OK, thanks for the info.....my dealership ordered 2 emblems, so I guess I'll have a spare one, or be the first to put it on the tailgate......

I just ordered a 12" antenna for it and I'm probably going to get a K&N drop-in filter for now, before the trip.

My son-in-law put a Magna Flow catback on his F-150, sounds great, considering that or my ususal DynoMax alternative. I want quiet rumble, but not like a Mustang, just loud enough to notice....and free up some of that strangulating restriction.

We love this thing so far, we've never had a Ford truck that we didn't like a lot anyway....

TBN LEISHA, On the grille change, our you getting the Explorer Limited with the bars? So you know that the grille will fit? I also don't care much for the silver roof rail or step bars and wish to change them out for chrome but I can't find any info on the roof rails. I guess in time they info will be out with part numbers. My 07 ST is white and I think the chrome would look better.

TBN LEISHA, On the grille change, our you getting the Explorer Limited with the bars? So you know that the grille will fit? I also don't care much for the silver roof rail or step bars and wish to change them out for chrome but I can't find any info on the roof rails. I guess in time they info will be out with part numbers. My 07 ST is white and I think the chrome would look better.

The part number for the Sport trac grill on the explorer Eddie Baur is the same number so the Limited Explorer grill should bolt right in.

The new chrome package roof rails and step will be available in Parts dept soon I guess. The chrome will look great on white!

The new chrome package can be bought but at a heavy price. The Rails are 150.00 each and the step bars are 640.00 bucks and if a person wanted the chrome mirror caps also your looking at aout 1,100.00 smackers for the chrome package. That's alot of money for little bling bling. I did however ordered the grille "explorer limited style" for my sport trac it was 132.00 bucks. Maybe I will sell the old one on ebay to recap some of the cost. jdc103