A "new" UAW

Dayshift

I think we all know if we did not have a union we would not have the benefits & limited job security we have today.

That being said, if you had the power & influence, what would aspect of our union would you reform or change? What could we do better & how would this be achieved? It's our Union so what say ye?

Edited by Dayshift

I would give the membership control of who goes international. It's bullshit how the system works now. They bring all their buddies down there to work the last 5 years of their careers so they can get a second pension. What a lot of people don't know is that anyone who goes to intl is there on a temporary basis at first (I guess like a probationary period) and if they don't like what you're doing they kick your ass back down to the local level. They have that shit on lockdown. the way they have it set up even if there was an honest person down there they couldn't do shit to fix it because they'll just get kicked out

• Like 2

On Member, One Vote for EVERY office. Let the plant membership decide if someone is worthy of being sent downtown. No one knows a person better than those that work with them. Far too many slugs that people wanted out of office due to not doing the job they were elected to, end up at region or international. Any appointment should be de4cided by a vote of the members. Including in plant appointments.

Eliminate the friends and family system forever. And habve ALL election results counted by outside CPA's. Not the chairman's buddies.

Edited by trailfndr

Direct accountability / responsibility with the possibility of an individual IUAW "rep" getting tossed out ?

Sounds great but so does a time travel machine or turning straw into gold.

Cut the dues ( money ) off and you might get some attention or actually have the union listen to its members.

Waiting for the right to work option and cutting the dues off.

In my opinion international is a freakin joke!! They have so many unneeded, useless positions there it's ridiculous. How many VP's do we really need??? And we're the ones paying their salaries and their second pensions they get for being there only like 5 years or something ridiculous like that. They had to raise our dues to build strike fund back up but at the same time they keep adding more and more useless positions down there and keep goin to Vegas for their parties excuse me "conversations". We absolutely need a saw so on what goes on at international but like I said in my earlier post, they have it set up so nobody can do anything to them