GETTELFINGER WANTED AUTOMAKERS TO PAY FOR ABORTIONS

AdamCaan

Then what the hell are you doing posting under this topic. What the hell does abortion have to do with keeping your job? :shrug: NOTHING!!!!!!

well, we were told that by giving up our raise that was negotiated, as well as portions of current and future cost of living allowances, all just to help the company control healthcare costs...its important to see why the costs are so high.

Have you ever heard of INSURANCE COMPANIES???? That's why healthcare is so expensive because INSURANCE COMPANIES dictate what doctors can provide patients and then brake it off in the doctors ass for malpractice insuarance!!!!!! :finger: Abortion has nothing to do with you losing raises and retirees taking it in the ass!!!!!! :soapbox: You fell for the company line and lost!!!!!

REMEMBER WHEN: COULD THIS BE ONE OF THE REASONS THE UAW IS FAILING

Now it is 2006 and plants are closing and workers are fed up with the UAW.

ANOTHER REASON THE UAW IS SELF-DESTRUCTING - RON GETTELFINGER WANTED FORD TO PAY FOR ABORTIONS (article from August 2003) Unions to companies: Kill our babies by Noah Knox August 27, 2003

The United Auto Workers (UAW) is asking automakers and parts suppliers to include voluntary abortions as "medical care" covered under their collective bargaining extortions. Smaller unions, who lack the UAW's leverage, often use their comrades' documents as boilerplate for their own negotiations. If the unions are successful in pushing through this latest demand, it could very well mean that every American company with union workers will be forced to pay to murder the unborn.

The anti-God crowd, of course, is fully supportive of this latest push. Why limit the funding of sin to just tax-paying citizens? Might as well get sponsorships from as many companies as possible!

The incredible lies being told to support this effort boggle the mind. USA Today quoted Kate Michelman, president of NARAL Pro-Choice America as saying "It's a very significant move that the UAW is taking up the issue, and it reflects thinking that reproductive health care for women is not a luxury, it's basic health care."

Huh? Voluntary abortions are basic health care? Voluntary – as in a doctor hasn't said that it's a required medical procedure? Health care - as in ending the life of a human being, created in the image of God, complete with head, body, limbs, fingers, toes, faces, and a beating heart?

If that's basic health care then I'm getting even more nervous about my next trip to the doctor!

But, of course, Ms. Michelman's statement is completely accurate. The UAW's move does reflect the thinking that this premeditated murder is basic health care. And getting employers to pay for it will further legitimize that lie and convince more people that it's ok. ("Well, if it's a covered procedure, it can't be wrong…" – or even worse – "I know my CEO is a Christian, he wouldn't be paying for this abortion if it were a sin.")

REMEMBER WHEN: COULD THIS BE ONE OF THE REASONS THE UAW IS FAILING

UAW abortion request shocks members

Some see the proposal as insult to their values

September 25, 2003 BY SARAH A. WEBSTER FREE PRESS BUSINESS WRITER

The news came as a shock to many UAW members this summer. The UAW was asking Detroit's automakers in confidential contract talks to cover elective abortions in their health care benefits package.

At the previous contract negotiations Ron Gettelfinger was trying to get Ford to pay for abortions instead of being concerned about Job Security and Plant closings. Now UAW officers are throwing lies and accusations at all members that are fed up with them but the UAW bully tactics are not working anymore.

Look on the bright side, you'll have all kinds of time to attend anti-abortion rallies and the like when you lose your job. The downside is you would have to find another forum to post your whining political agenda.

If men could get pregnant, abortion would be legal. ethical, and federally funded.

You got that right. Legal, ethical, federally funded, and protected by privacy laws. I've always said that, as a man, since I can't get pregnant, men, as a whole, have no business having opinions on what is really a woman's personal business.

Its good to see this topic gets so much attention, I'm sure it will save our jobs!!!! Its not my business what other do to them on to there own body, they have to live with it. Al this wasted energy on this topic, when we have lay offs and plant closing coming. In todays world people should be using protection anyway!!!!