enjoy the signing bogus

superjake

Hope you all enjoyed the so called bonus! Paid partially by your own profit sharing! What a joke the UAW presented us with! What a joke the yes voters are for voting this shit in! You all feel as though you gained something! Ten plus years without a raise and a signing bonus paid from what was already due to you via profit sharing made you vote yes? After taxes and what you were already going to get via profit sharing, how much did you actually gain? Then divide that by the years you have worked without a raise! Then see what that signing bonus adds up to over time!

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2015-12-09/detroit-to-mexico-shift-predicted-after-auto-union-s-big-victory

Sorry I'm not to good at attaching links, but try to go to this article by David Welch at Bloomberg News. Amazing that yes voters fell for the dangling carrot ($$$) over our heads. Short-term gain for long-term pain! Pay extra attention to the info about cost of labor in building vehicles. The future does not look very good for the UAW.

• 2 weeks later...

I agree now. Sorry that I voted yes! I should have listened and voted no! Wish I could change my vote. I think now that we were sold a bunch of b.s. short term gain doesn't add up in the long run, I am afraid of what comes next and when? What happens if and when they open up the contract again? What would prevent them from doing that? And offer another bonus? You all realize we partially funded our signing bonus! I didnt know that. Should have done more to understand the contract before i voted yes! It won't happen again