educational buyout

exfordworker

I am one who jumped off the ship.....hopefully I made the right decision. It is looking better and better :titanic: Anyway, has anyone else took the education buyout? and if they did how long did it take you to get your check?

I wish every one of my fellow UAW members a wonderful life. It has been definitely interesting to say the least :runaway: ....

Good luck to everyone!!! and i hope the buyout is offered to everyone that wants one...After all of this BS that they are putting everyone through (being left in the dark to wonder about your family's future) everyone deserves at least an opportunity to move on....

To Mr. BIll Ford: :kissass:

To My Union: :blah:

I am one who jumped off the ship.....hopefully I made the right decision. It is looking better and better :titanic: Anyway, has anyone else took the education buyout? and if they did how long did it take you to get your check?

About a month. Good Luck! :cheerleader:

I wish every one of my fellow UAW members a wonderful life. It has been definitely interesting to say the least :runaway: ....

Good luck to everyone!!! and i hope the buyout is offered to everyone that wants one...After all of this BS that they are putting everyone through (being left in the dark to wonder about your family's future) everyone deserves at least an opportunity to move on....

How long had you been at Ford? What plant? Could you tell us more about how the Educational Buyout works?

Thanks

I am at KCAP... I signed up in June...and my last day was Aug 21... :bandance: Basically, you get half your salary for 4 years and full medical for you and your family for four years...BUT YOU HAVE TO BE A FULL TIME STUDENT IN AN ACCREDITED COLLEGE FOR THE FULL FOUR YEARS!!! It says you have to have a C average or you are booted out...but I talked to the lady at the edopp program and you get a warning or can retake the class...at your own expense. I am finishing up my degree with a program online...it is very convienent and I am a full time student. I take one class a month with the online program...but it is very demanding..a lot of writing...but it is worth it in convienence. I think the educational buyout is a very good opportunity....and I wish you all the best!!! Anymore, questions...I will try to answer... By the way........I had 11 years in...

Edited by exfordworker

Here is a link to a previous post about the educational buyout. If you scroll to the bottom of the post, someone has posted the application for the buyout. Will it still be the same if they offer it company wide? Who knows......... :shrug:

http://www.blueovalforums.com/forums/index...39&hl=edopp

This link is wonderful, Thank you. It answered questions I hadn't even thought of. Great job!!

:happy feet: