2015 Fusion Battery Dead/Can't Get Out of Park

nshvlcat

I went to my garage to start my car. The battery is so dead there is not even the clicking noise. I cannot get the car out of park in order to push it out of the garage into the driveway to get a jump start. Any advice or is there some trick to getting the car out of park?

Thank you both gentlemen. I looked for an access panel but this is far above my skill level. Also, I noticed a constant clicking sound (no key in the ignition). It sounds like an old fashioned clock ticking. I will try to get a jump start tomorrow morning and then take the car back to the dealer.

After repair, I'll do a follow up to let you gentlemen know what was wrong.

Yes, I bought the car new 20 months ago. The dealer I bought it from is 17 miles away. Should I just call the dealer and let them handle it or should I try to get a jump start and drive the car to the dealer. I've never faced this situation before.

I don't have any experience either since I've never had a car with a warranty and I'm still waiting for my first brand new car to arrive. If it were me though, I think I'd call Ford Roadside Assistance and let them come try to jump it. If it won't start they can tow it to your dealer and it should all be free for you.

Short update. Roadside Assistance got my car started. I drove it to the dealer. Technician worked several hours while I waited. He cannot find the problem. Repair shop keeping the car overnight to spend more time with it. More later.

A jump starter was used to get the car running. Got the car back from the service dept. yesterday aft. After extensive diagnostics, the problem could not be pinpointed. The car's computer was updated, however. The technician was perplexed that he could not identify the gremlin that caused the battery to completely drain. He told me the car has a fail safe system that is supposed to prevent a complete battery drain. Apparently it didn't work.

I am now concerned this will happen again, and I will get stranded. ;) Have decided to join AAA for piece of mind.

As an aside, for those of you who have a Fusion, pls. read page 164 of your owner's manual to identify how to release your transmission from park if you ever have a similar circumstance. A big thanks to Economic Sinkhole for that little gem of info.

Happy motoring everyone. :love_shower: