Ford CEO says open to ceding top job

Where is the plan to address B cars and applying horsepower liberally where needed? One more little thing, the rear light housings of chrome on the rear of the Fusion make it look cheap. It's another tiny indicator that shows a lack of style. B.F should get a better manager, then go back to the H.F. Museum and see what was done before he got into the big office. Yeesh.

From today's PR:

"I also determined that our turnaround effort required the additional skills of an executive who has led a major manufacturing enterprise through such challenges before"

Look at that smug, arrogant, self-promoting entitlement complex in action. There's your CEO that was going to 'destroy the company before giving up his undeserved job that he got simply because his last name is Ford'

Over-bearing rejectionsts of the board, unite, you have nothing to fear but your own half-baked opinions.

Bill Ford said his top priority was guiding Ford back to profit in North America -- where high fuel prices have crimped demand for Ford's sport utility vehicles and light trucks -- and not to recruit a new CEO.

"I'm not looking to replace myself. I'm looking to make sure the company is stocked with talent. But look, right now I'm focused on getting the North American operations back on track. That's where my energy and time is going. That's my passion."

Of course Bill said all that right in the FREAKIN' MIDDLE of recruiting a new CEO . . . .

That doesn't speak very highly for the veracity of Bill Ford, does it?

But at least it partially explains why Bill was so free with the media over the week or so before the Mulally announcement.

From today's PR:

"I also determined that our turnaround effort required the additional skills of an executive who has led a major manufacturing enterprise through such challenges before"

Look at that smug, arrogant, self-promoting entitlement complex in action. There's your CEO that was going to 'destroy the company before giving up his undeserved job that he got simply because his last name is Ford'

Over-bearing rejectionsts of the board, unite, you have nothing to fear but your own half-baked opinions.

Do you want to look at where the company was when he first took over the job and where it is now?

You don't have an open mind at all, you go by what ford does...................every time, you lack an opinion, and a point on everything.........you just follow ford. If Bill ford said he was going to stay on for 5 more years you would defend it just as much as if he said that he quits completely. You will defend ford when they have decade long product cycles and minimal exterior redesigns just as much as you will defend ford for having shorter product cycles. You would defend many top of the line power trains if ford invested in them, just as much as you would defend ford using one engine across their entire line. It all comes down to your nothing but a sophisticated puppet.................and anyone who thinks otherwise is probably part of your club.

Edited by DCK

Do you want to look at where the company was when he first took over the job and where it is now?

You don't have an open mind at all, you go by what ford does...................every time, you lack an opinion, and a point on everything.........you just follow ford. If Bill ford said he was going to stay on for 5 more years you would defend it just as much as if he said that he quits completely. You will defend ford when they have decade long product cycles and minimal exterior redesigns just as much as you will defend ford for having shorter product cycles. You would defend many top of the line power trains if ford invested in them, just as much as you would defend ford using one engine across their entire line. It all comes down to your nothing but a sophisticated puppet.................and anyone who thinks otherwise is probably part of your club.

DCK...try those same dumbass accusations with me. Maybe do another post like that dumbass AW thread "Why Ford doesn't deserve your money", so I can blow huge holes in your non-logic some more.

You're right. It would be very smart for Bill, before negotiations with Mulally were finalized to say something like, "hey, I'm not going to be around much longer as CEO. We're looking at a few guys." Blah blah blah.

Why did he have to say anything on the topic at all? Actively misleading investors and the public under the guise of protecting negotiations is a far different thing than merely having "no comment."

Why did he have to say anything on the topic at all? Actively misleading investors and the public under the guise of protecting negotiations is a far different thing than merely having "no comment."

Also, you might note that Bill Ford is still very much involved. He didn't replace himself......

Just offloaded a ton of responsibility he was ill-equipped to handle.

Which, if you'll note the interview, he says clearly.