2007 Mariner Hybrid and Navigation

tmesich

• 4 weeks later...

I just got my '07 Mariner Hybrid, and it still has the CD based Nav system. To make it even worse, Ford is still shipping the two year old '05 map CD's. :(

GM does a much, much better job with Nav system support! They have a website dedicated to just that, and GM customers get map disc(s) with the vehicle purchase, new updated disk(s) one year after purchase, and yet another updated disk(s) two years after purchase.

Ford just abandons you. :titanic:

You might need to wait for the 2008 all new Mariner - I believe there are no significant changes for the 07 - and the HU in the Escape/Mariner/Tribute is ancient - and thus so is its navigation model.

The only changes known for the '07 hybrids, over the '06, is that the outside air duct (heat and A/C) for the cabin changed. The optional cabin air filter used on the '06 and older models, does not fit the '07 models because of this. Plus, it seems that the Ford parts people don't even know this; if you try to get a cabin air filter for a '07, you will get the older, wrong, one. There doesn't seem to be a P/N for the '07!

• 2 weeks later...
I just got my '07 Mariner Hybrid, and it still has the CD based Nav system. To make it even worse, Ford is still shipping the two year old '05 map CD's. :(

GM does a much, much better job with Nav system support! They have a website dedicated to just that, and GM customers get map disc(s) with the vehicle purchase, new updated disk(s) one year after purchase, and yet another updated disk(s) two years after purchase.

Ford just abandons you. :titanic:

The only changes known for the '07 hybrids, over the '06, is that the outside air duct (heat and A/C) for the cabin changed. The optional cabin air filter used on the '06 and older models, does not fit the '07 models because of this. Plus, it seems that the Ford parts people don't even know this; if you try to get a cabin air filter for a '07, you will get the older, wrong, one. There doesn't seem to be a P/N for the '07!

The '08 will have a DVD based navigation with a 6 1/2" touchscreen. A much improvement over the 12 cd, 4" screen in the '06 and the '07.

The '08 will have a DVD based navigation with a 6 1/2" touchscreen. A much improvement over the 12 cd, 4" screen in the '06 and the '07.

The center stack is rather odd on the new '08 MM. I am waiting to see what it looks like

with the new Nav system.

The screen size doesn't impress me as much as the reduction of the 12 CD's to just 1 DVD.

I am also wondering if the two units are "plug compatible" with each other?