GEN Status Ford Employees in N.J.

amused

1. Possible transfers to Norfolk Va.

2. $ 100,000 Buyout ( 1 or more years of seniority)

3. Education Option

4. Retirement Packages

Whats the general feeling with you Local 980 Brothers and Sisters with these packages on the

table from UAW International ? Any thoughts ?

3. Education Option

4. Retirement Packages

Whats the general feeling with you Local 980 Brothers and Sisters with these packages on the

_________________________________________________________________________________________

What kind of retirement packages are they offering?

CLICK ON FUTURE OF THE UNION.COM AND GO TO gM JOINTNESS--LETS GO PEOPLE--THIS IS OUR KIDS WERE TALKING ABOUT

anybody with less then 10 years,take the money and run.anyone with less then 10 years,the furture dont look good.i have 6 years.if i can find a job .I,m out. and norfolk there over 200 peoplepnow..see what bill ford has to say.

anybody with less then 10 years,take the money and run.anyone with less then 10 years,the furture dont look good.i have 6 years.if i can find a job .I,m out. and norfolk there over 200 peoplepnow..see what bill ford has to say.

I'll tell you if they offered that in Canada there would be a line up

are you sure your facts are straight

3. Education Option

4. Retirement Packages

Where did you get the info on these 4 options. Are they just what you want or have these been proposed to someone........more info please.

I believe they gave the same offers to the people at Lorain Assembly Plant and Avon Ohio Truck Plant - both located in Ohio.

I don't believe a word of this why would a company offer someone with that kind of service [1-6 years] that kind of money come people wake up from your wet dream.

You figure a person in GEN is getting around $1000 a week gross in pay. GEN supposedly will end in 22 months from now (Oct 2007). Ford would be saving money by letting people go with the $100,000 and I am sure those people would loose their Health Ins. If I had 1 to 6 years and knew for sure my days at Ford were history; I would take it too.

I don't believe a word of this why would a company offer someone with that kind of service [1-6 years] that kind of money come people wake up from your wet dream.

Those offers were made at OHAP. There were 4 deals, we read it on our last day of orientation at OHAP. It was on paper, the company provided the handout. There was no mention of transfer to Norfolk for us. Only wrinkle I'm hearing is once the number of sign ups reach the total in GEN it stops(OHAP). So the younger folks here signing up for these may not get them. If the senior guys take theirs then these deals for low seniority may be for naught.

stap2005, these deals are for severing ties with Ford. It's a buyout of sorts to cut loose people for good. One had a school/partial salary with preferential call back, but they're just looking to trim the number of employees. Probably to help shed the large number of employees that we are expecting to hear about in a few weeks when "the announcement" is made.

Edited by econolineman

You figure a person in GEN is getting around $1000 a week gross in pay. GEN supposedly will end in 22 months from now (Oct 2007). Ford would be saving money by letting people go with the $100,000 and I am sure those people would loose their Health Ins. If I had 1 to 6 years and knew for sure my days at Ford were history; I would take it too.

This company will not give people 100,000 buyout with 1-6 years senoirity hell they don't offer that to the people with 30 years Hey good luck but your dreaming.

This company will not give people 100,000 buyout with 1-6 years senoirity hell they don't offer that to the people with 30 years Hey good luck but your dreaming.

Um- yes they would offer it. I'm at OHAP. The two packages for the lowest seniority folks are as follows- as long as you have a year's seniority. A flat 100,000 bucks to sever all ties with Ford- I'm sure that will be taxed up the yin-yang. The other (which I think is excellent) is that they will pay 15,000 bucks per year for you to go to school. You have to go fulltime and keep a C average. During those four years you keep your medical benefits and A plan perks. You ALSO... drumroll please... get half of your straighttime pay for the duration of your schooling... called a 'living stipend' I believe. AND once you're done, have your degree and say sayonara to Ford you have 'preferential call back rights' whatever that is. I believe they would have to offer you a job before they hire off the street... but we all know no hiring will be going on soon...

That's the info from ohio...hope it helps.

Um- yes they would offer it. I'm at OHAP. The two packages for the lowest seniority folks are as follows- as long as you have a year's seniority. A flat 100,000 bucks to sever all ties with Ford- I'm sure that will be taxed up the yin-yang. The other (which I think is excellent) is that they will pay 15,000 bucks per year for you to go to school. You have to go fulltime and keep a C average. During those four years you keep your medical benefits and A plan perks. You ALSO... drumroll please... get half of your straighttime pay for the duration of your schooling... called a 'living stipend' I believe. AND once you're done, have your degree and say sayonara to Ford you have 'preferential call back rights' whatever that is. I believe they would have to offer you a job before they hire off the street... but we all know no hiring will be going on soon...

That's the info from ohio...hope it helps.

I wonder if they don't get the numbers from the plants they're closing if they'll offer the education option across the board...if they do, I do believe I'm going to take the education option. I'm in the beginning of my 12th year, I'm 33 so I don't think it's too late to be starting over. Anyways good luck to everyone....and look stoic no matter what!

• 2 weeks later...
Will this be offered to everyone in GEN? I know people at SLAP that would take a buyout. The people with 1 to 3 years seniority should jump on this ASAP! GEN Pool will be history after Oct 2007.

The welder fixure repair guys at Wixom were offered the same deal on wednesday.But they did not get the transfer offer.