can we back out?

tenn_vol_#1

That's a chance you really don't want to take. Be sure what you want before you sign up. Transfers couldn't back out. You had to go and if you changed your mind you could return after 25 days. But I wouldn't chance it on a buyout, because you are quitting. Good luck.

if transferring from a closing plant there is no 25 day trial period. Once you sign the papers consider yourself part of the other plant if accepted for transfer.

if transferring from a closing plant there is no 25 day trial period. Once you sign the papers consider yourself part of the other plant if accepted for transfer.

that only partially true...one of my good friends went to maumee from my plant..and was told to go...then got there , they told him he was not employed there....?? imagine that!..after several day he got his job at maumee but still..just cause you 'sign' papers to go dont mean you going there...

Edited by dark270

sorry but you are wrong. I transferred from a closing plant and everyone had 25 days to reconsider. Maybe someone from SLAP could enlighten you if my word isn't good. Some people went back to sit in GEN., until other opening at other plants opened up. I wouldn't make this up.

yes you will be given a period of XX days to consider everything , then it will be final.....

most buyouts in my plant gave you three weeks then you were done

I have a question on a fine point.

In your plant when you said 3 weeks are you saying your last

day worked was 3 weeks after you signed up for the buyout

or was that it. The day you signed up for a buyout was your last day ?

Im just trying to get a feel how this worked at other plants.

Buyouts at NAP start on 10/16 and Im trying to understand

how your last day worked is determined.

Thanks.

If you sign up for a buyout or which ever choice. You will have to select which day will be your last, But not after Aug.31st 2007. Aug 31st is the last day. And from we have found out, You can reject your option at anytime prior to your last day.

At Indy, we're being told we cannot pick which day is our last day. We're being told that we will have our date picked for us. It's really messing things up for a lot of people.

I have a question on a fine point.

In your plant when you said 3 weeks are you saying your last

day worked was 3 weeks after you signed up for the buyout

or was that it. The day you signed up for a buyout was your last day ?

Im just trying to get a feel how this worked at other plants.

Buyouts at NAP start on 10/16 and Im trying to understand

how your last day worked is determined.

Thanks.

no, the people interested signed up by march 14th then had three weeks,, then april 1st was last day worked....there is a law about this..i remember the trainers telling us on the meetings, that there has to be a 'waiting' period!

At Indy, we're being told we cannot pick which day is our last day. We're being told that we will have our date picked for us. It's really messing things up for a lot of people.

OOPS! I missunderstood what the old lady told me (She is looking into this buyout shit).

I guess we just nee to quit thinking about it and wait for our meeting next week.

no, the people interested signed up by march 14th then had three weeks,, then april 1st was last day worked....there is a law about this..i remember the trainers telling us on the meetings, that there has to be a 'waiting' period!

OK. THANKS.

We are having some sort of "town hall meeting" at NAP

tomorrow morning at 11am. Im DEFINATELY asking that

question then, that's my only question because everything Im trying to plan

hinges on my last day worked.