Lap's Future??

LAP GUY

I know the WIZARD said that were gonna close, if thats case why didnt we hear our name called that morning. Were also hearing that we might be getting the flex body shop that is gonna be in a idled plant. So if anybody has any insight please feel free to share it. THANKS

Stickly rumor here at ktp, but everything tells us you guys are done in '08.

We had a salary guy in our FPS meeting, he is hearing that the flex body shop that LAP is getting is a new one and that Kentucky is the one paying for it. Also he said that he is 90% positive LAP is getting the F100 and an later announced vehicle. He said he had good sources, but who knows. :shrug:

We had a salary guy in our FPS meeting, he is hearing that the flex body shop that LAP is getting is a new one and that Kentucky is the one paying for it. Also he said that he is 90% positive LAP is getting the F100 and an later announced vehicle. He said he had good sources, but who knows. :shrug:

I have heard this as well.

:happy feet: I find it quite interesting that no one knows for sure the future, but it appears ktp has enough room to absorb more products, ie the replacement for the ranger, and lap employees could just merge in to ktp.

Also i heard the replacement for the ranger is the same size as the sport track. :happy feet: :bandance: Go Lap

No such thing as a F100...one shift in 2008, closure in 2009. The Wizard said so, prepare for 2009. :titanic:

F100 is supposed to be a truck to compete with Chevy's Coloroda, it's a little bigger than a Ranger but not as big as a F150, not sure if it will go to LAP but it's a real product. heard it might even have an optional small diesel engine.

F100 is supposed to be a truck to compete with Chevy's Coloroda, it's a little bigger than a Ranger but not as big as a F150, not sure if it will go to LAP but it's a real product. heard it might even have an optional small diesel engine.

Why would anyone want to compete with the Colorado. Chevy's sales have fallen from S10 to Colorado.

The competition in light pickups is Toyota and Nissan and to a lesser degree Dodge.

If Ford came in with a Sport Trac sized truck with two or three engine choices (a 4-cylinder diesel would absolutely kill the competition), a few bed and cab choices and competent design, and it would regain the front-running position in entry-level pickups in a year or two.

Just my opinion,

Bob

A merger with KTP is certainly a real possibility. I have a feeling the 10' Explorer will be built elsewhere on a Volvo chassis...Chicago? Although with some investment in unibody, LAP could build it. Completely depends on sales. There will be some replacement for the Ranger. If it is an F100, I don't think it will be to compete with the Colorodo. It will be built to carve out it's own market niche. There is a market for mid-sized truck.