Quality issues are very concerning

Husker Fan

All of the stories on this board are very concerning.  We ordered our car in late July and it was built on 9/26.  It was immediately sent to Quality Purgatory.  After 8 weeks, I was strongly considering cancelling the order and getting another brand.  This is the FIRST FORD/Lincoln we have ever purchased.  Then I met a very nice Lincoln Concierge and she became my advocate.   She placed another order for my vehicle and we are waiting for it to be produced.  Hopefully all of the quality issues have been addressed in the assembly line and we can avoid purgatory and quality issues.  With all this said, these negative experiences on this site still make me wonder if I am doing the right thing.  Still keep pondering if I should "cut and run".......  Someone please give me a reason to be confident in waiting for the Aviator.  

Edited by Husker Fan

• 2 weeks later...

If anyone has a car in quality control we were told from our dealer that all vehicles at Dearborn we’re going back to Chicago to go through the line again. We were lucky to get some minor alignment issues that the dealer addressed right away. Our family love our new aviator and wouldn’t have gotten another luxury brand built for families.