5000 Mile Review / Check In - Black Label L

Hello fellow Navigator Owners! Just gonna check in and talk about my experience with our Navigator so far.

I have to admit I've been having some buyer's remorse. I think it has mostly to do with Covid and that we didn't travel as much as planned this summer as that was my number one rationalization for getting the Navigator :)

- Black Label Interior Chalet Theme

- Drives Smaller Than Size

- HUD and all the info included

- All the storage crannies

- Second Row Bench

DISLIKES / CONCERNS

- Apple CarPlay doesn't always engage upon connection

- Front Seat Comfort

- Just OK seat massage
- Sound System just alright
- A bit more space behind the 3rd row would be nice

Some explanation of the above and where I'm coming from overall. I moved over from a Chrysler Pacifica minivan and liked the idea of having 4wd and a more truck like experience (and not driving a minivan). If I could do it over again, I think I would've kept the minivan. Those darn sliding doors with toddlers are just so convenient. All that being said, I do like the Navigator and the exterior customizing I did really makes it look awesome imho. I feel like the functioning of the infotainment is just OK. Sometimes I have an issue getting my CarPlay to engage (seems I need to either plug it in prior to car turning on OR wait a while after it's been running). I've had the Nav long enough, I just don't think the Perfect Position seats are that comfortable. The massage option is just OK. What might explain this is my wife's Volvo has supremely comfortable seats and the best (actual) massaging seats in the industry imho. The Volvo's sound system may also have something to do with my feelings on the Nav's. I find at lower volumes it's just alright, but at higher levels the Nav gets better.

Overall, I'm happy enough with the Navigator and it's an obviously nice vehicle. I think with the Covid situation and less travel occurring it's led me to have regrets over purchasing the Nav. Probably would've just been smart to stay in the minivan and let the kids trash that a bit more.

• 1 month later...