Employee filed claim for W/E 9-27-20

moukanoid

Just wondering if anyone has tried filing for unemployment for week ending 9-27-20 for the layoff week we had here at DTP? I tried to file and it became a real headache. It does not appear to be an employer filed claim, the site wants a bunch of info that I do not recall having to enter as: Employer ID #, Full name, whether I am an alien from a foreign country,  I had to manually input a date for the week in question, and a lot of other bs. I cancelled before going too far because the site starting asking about work searches and other issues not associated with the normal Employer Filed Claim that I/we have been accustomed to in the past when a layoff has a firm return to work date. If anyone has any info, please post. THX

My plant in the past has had this. It was a big mess. Unemployment was telling workers no claim was filed by ford and that we needed to do all that on our own. We all contacted hr and they had it fixed in a few days for most. They correctly filed claims for some but others got stuck doing it on their own. When it happened to me I was one of the lucky ones who has never had to file for unemployment, so once it wasn’t just a few questions to ask and like you got the employer tax id numbers I just quick and said screw it I’ll do without. So I left money out there. It was bad communication. Now I kick myself for not trying to figure it out but we live and learn

Thanks for your reply, V_marchese7. I called the committeeman and he said Ford was aware of the situation that they screwed up on B Crew and that they are working on it. Unfortunately if they don't get it right in the next day or two, we only have this week to claim that week and we might be screwed. I will post again with any updates.