new towncar body, dream ford lineup

whd507b

unlike the crown vic that needs to keep its current body to make fleet buyers happy, the town car can change, and fleet buyers will be just as happy. try a retro 61-65/66-69 continental style body with reverse opening hood and rear doors (with a pillar for stretchability) you could start with the 61-64 style grille as hinted on the new lincoln, and the 65 style taillights like the mountaineer, and progress every few years to the 65 style front, then the 66-68 style front. it needs a more stately roofline, not the limp roof it now has, and a longer trunk for balance. the current panther chassis is fine, and as is would fit a 4.6-based v-10 easily, this too would be a popular option for limo use, and could carry down to high end CV/GM vehicles, and would not cost a lot since its sourced from the current 4.6, and triton. (remember the boss351 test mule mustang?)

and since its a full frame car offer a convertable.

its also time for the town coupe to make its return.

you want bold moves? build a v-12 from the 3v 4.6

(and then build a lincoln v-12 ford GT based supercar)

my dream lineup

town car LWB/town car/town coupe (v-10)

stretch a ford 500, add a v-8, continental

lincoln trucks (v-10 option?)

the edge/mkwhatever thing

markIII (NOT 9)mustang platform?(alloy v-10)

mark XII v-12 mid engine 2 seater GT based

mercury grand marquis (LWB, v-10 option)

mercury marquis (standard wb)

marauder/coupe (v-10, s/c opt)

mercury trucks

mustang-based cougar

other ford clones with nice trim

ford crown vic (LWB,v-10)

Ford LTD/coupe

LTD wagon

LTD CVPI (v-10 opt)

LTD Sport/coupe (v-10 opt)

Ranchero/sedan delivery (v-10 opt)

500 (v-8 option)

falcon/small ranchero

fusion

econocars/think etc

e-series

suv (rover sourced?)

f-series LD (100-150)

F-series HD (250-350)

F-series SD (450-900) (dont throw it away again)

no euro-vans

offer diesels in cars across the ford/mercury brands

include Lincoln in the PAG

build a Jaguar/Aston like the v-12 lincoln/GT

offer rover cars from all divisions

range rover f-series?

mazda as is with ranchero instead of ranger

Edited by whd507b

unlike the crown vic that needs to keep its current body to make fleet buyers happy, the town car can change, and fleet buyers will be just as happy. try a retro 61-65/66-69 continental style body with reverse opening hood and rear doors (with a pillar for stretchability) you could start with the 61-64 style grille as hinted on the new lincoln, and the 65 style taillights like the mountaineer, and progress every few years to the 65 style front, then the 66-68 style front. it needs a more stately roofline, not the limp roof it now has, and a longer trunk for balance. the current panther chassis is fine, and as is would fit a 4.6-based v-10 easily, this too would be a popular option for limo use, and could carry down to high end CV/GM vehicles, and would not cost a lot since its sourced from the current 4.6, and triton. (remember the boss351 test mule mustang?)

and since its a full frame car offer a convertable.

its also time for the town coupe to make its return.

you want bold moves? build a v-12 from the 3v 4.6

(and then build a lincoln v-12 ford GT based supercar)

my dream lineup

town car LWB/town car/town coupe (v-10)

stretch a ford 500, add a v-8, continental

What if Ford were to mold something like this ....

lincoln trucks (v-10 option?)

the edge/mkwhatever thing

markIII (NOT 9)mustang platform?(alloy v-10)

mark XII v-12 mid engine 2 seater GT based

mercury grand marquis (LWB, v-10 option)

mercury marquis (standard wb)

marauder/coupe (v-10, s/c opt)

mercury trucks

mustang-based cougar

other ford clones with nice trim

ford crown vic (LWB,v-10)

Ford LTD/coupe

LTD wagon

LTD CVPI (v-10 opt)

LTD Sport/coupe (v-10 opt)

Ranchero/sedan delivery (v-10 opt)

500 (v-8 option)

falcon/small ranchero

fusion

econocars/think etc

e-series

suv (rover sourced?)

f-series LD (100-150)

F-series HD (250-350)

F-series SD (450-900) (dont throw it away again)

no euro-vans

offer diesels in cars across the ford/mercury brands

include Lincoln in the PAG

build a Jaguar/Aston like the v-12 lincoln/GT

offer rover cars from all divisions

range rover f-series?

mazda as is with ranchero instead of ranger

Personaly, I would be happy if they would add to the enthusiast type cars. . . like build the Reflex http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do/Autos...rticleId=108817 - I would definitely buy one if it were available as a manual. Now that would be BOLD MOVE.

The same goes for the Fusion. I would buy one to go with with my F series if I could get it with the V6 SEL package with AWD -- AND a 6 speed manual.

Mr. Mulally - sounds just like what has been needed.

A Three Minute Management Course

Lesson One:

An eagle was sitting on a tree resting, doing nothing. A small rabbit saw the eagle and asked him, "Can I also sit like you and do nothing?" The eagle answered: "Sure, why not" So, the rabbit sat on the ground below the eagle and rested.

All of a sudden, a fox appeared, jumped on the rabbit and ate it.

Management Lesson: To be sitting and doing nothing, you must be sitting very, very high

up.

Lesson Two:

A turkey was chatting with a bull. "I would love to be able to get to the top of that tree," sighed the turkey, "but I haven't got the energy."

"Well, why don't you nibble on some of my droppings?" replied the bull." They're packed with nutrients." The turkey pecked at a lump of dung, and found it actually gave him enough strength to reach the lowest branch of the tree. The next day, after eating some more dung, he reached the second branch. Finally after a fourth night, the turkey was proudly perched at the top of the tree. He was promptly spotted by a farmer, who shot him out of the tree.

Management Lesson: Bull #$%& might get you to the top, but it won't keep you there.

Lesson Three:

A little bird waited too long for the seasonal change and was flying south for the winter. It was so cold, the bird froze and fell to the ground into a large field. While he was lying there, a cow came by and dropped some dung on him. As the frozen bird lay there in the pile of cow dung, he began to realize how warm he was. The dung was actually thawing him out! He laid there all warm and happy, and soon began to sing for joy. A passing cat heard the bird singing and came to investigate. Following the sound, the cat discovered the bird under the pile of cow dung, and promptly dug him out and ate him.

Management Lesson:

1) Not everyone who craps on you is your enemy.

2) Not everyone who gets you out of crap is your friend..

3) And when you're in deep crap, it's best to keep your mouth shut!

4) Don't wait too long to see the coming changes in the "weather"

If you can't do the very best job you can - get the hell out!!! It takes excellent teamwork to get excellent results. If you aren't an excellent team player - get the helll out!!!

Let's get it together and build the best vehicle in every class!!!!

I am getting ready to buy a vehicle or two again. . . and I don't want any stripped-down models.

oh yeah, ford also needs some capable (and hot roddable) enthusiasts cars. the tastes of car people is so varied that any platforms included in this category must be available with a wide variety of individual options to allow for the personalization of each car. not option packages created by accountants. individual options created the mustang craze of the late 60s, and your misguided option packages of late have helped get you in the trouble you are in now.