2020 F-250 SuperDuty 6.2L Gas Ticking Sound at Idle

I have a ticking sound that appears to be quite pronounced and different than the prior postings i have read on this topic. I have attached a 10 second video where the ticking starts about 5 seconds into the video. File upload limits to only a 10 sec clip but this ticking lasted for about 25seconds and then stopped. If remained at idle it would start ticking again and then stops. It is a 2020 F-250 6.2L Gas engine with about 40k on it. This is a recent purchase as a used truck so I have not yet tried to correlate the sound if it does it only at idle or while driving under load as well. I can say the only time I notice it so far is when outside the truck while it is at idle and it comes and goes. Does anyone know if this is a normal sound or anyone hear this as well? It does seem like something is engaging/kicking when it starts.

Edited by Shooter71

1 hour ago, bshort said:

AC clutch to me.  

bsshort - I assume this is not a normal sound if it is related to a AC clutch? Again, this is new used vehicle for me and have not owned one before so don't know what normal is.  I would not think this sound is normal. 

Lappy - thanks for the input!

1 hour ago, Shooter71 said:

bsshort - I assume this is not a normal sound if it is related to a AC clutch? Again, this is new used vehicle for me and have not owned one before so don't know what normal is.  I would not think this sound is normal. 

Lappy - thanks for the input!

No, it shouldn’t make that sound. 

I have confirmed it is related to the AC as if I turn the AC off for a minute and then back on the sound will start a couple of seconds afterwards. The sound starts and stops randomly while the AC is on.  Not sure if related to the fan, compressor or ac clutch as suggest above.  In a small test window if I had the AC off for a couple minutes the sound did not come on.  

Edited by Shooter71