2022 F350 Dieael Ideal Idle RPM

TonyS

My new truck idles beautifully but engage 1st gear and an irritating noisy vibrating noise starts until I start moving and RPMS increase

So it is only when idling in 1st gear

Drove a 2021 LTD before buying this 2022 and this did not occur and have test driven other 2021s before buying this one with no issues like this

It idles at around 590RPM and was wondering what the ideal idle RPM should be

When I 1st got the truck a week back this did not occur but suddenly started happening a couple of days back

My dealer loves to push back on any concern with a little BS so have had to insist on fixing a few other things which they did and then after the fact agreed there was a problem

So if someone could enlighten me a tad before I approach the dealer would be appreciated

• 1 month later...

It appears low RPM idle producing an annoying shudder is more common than I thought

The dealer tells me they cannot increase the idle RPM

Mine is just over 500 RPM and Ford suggests ideal idle RPM should be 680

As I increase idle RPM to around 600 + the shudder goes away

Any one have any idea on how to increase this idle RPM to get rid of the intermittent shudder when idling

• 10 months later...

I finally solved this problem - bought another 2022 F350 Platinum

The engine is so much smoother, seems lighter on diesel and much quieter

Something must have been vibrating against something int he engine compartment but the dealer turned a deaf ear

Salesman says he often gets comments from customers saying their new F350 Diesel performs differently and sometimes they are happier and sometimes not

Seems it may be the luck of the draw