How to get e-mails for orders

fredrickhw

I haven't received a single e-mail from Ford yet according to my dealer and Ford marketing my e-mail is on my order.  I was told by Ford marketing that their system is 'flakey'.  On other forums it seems hit or miss if e-mails are sent to update status of orders.  Has anybody had success enabling e-mails for their orders after the order is placed?  If so, how did you do it?  I don't want to bug my dealer and I also don't want to wear out this forum checking on status.

1 hour ago, fredrickhw said:

I haven't received a single e-mail from Ford yet according to my dealer and Ford marketing my e-mail is on my order.  I was told by Ford marketing that their system is 'flakey'.  On other forums it seems hit or miss if e-mails are sent to update status of orders.  Has anybody had success enabling e-mails for their orders after the order is placed?  If so, how did you do it?  I don't want to bug my dealer and I also don't want to wear out this forum checking on status.

Your Dealer has 24/7 access to the Vehicle Visibility reporting system which provides the latest information on vehicle orders including order history, scheduling, production and shipping status. Make your Dealer do their job and provide you with the information you require!

Your Dealer must attach your e-mail address to your order in the WBDO (Web Based Dealer Ordering) system in order to receive e-mail communications from Ford. The e-mail notices from Ford provide only basic information. 

Edited by ice-capades
Additional content
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/17/2021 at 1:59 PM, ice-capades said:

Your Dealer has 24/7 access to the Vehicle Visibility reporting system which provides the latest information on vehicle orders including order history, scheduling, production and shipping status. Make your Dealer do their job and provide you with the information you require!

Your Dealer must attach your e-mail address to your order in the WBDO (Web Based Dealer Ordering) system in order to receive e-mail communications from Ford. The e-mail notices from Ford provide only basic information. 

Dealer said the only info they have is what I have last email was build week of 11/15 do you think they should have more info?

14 minutes ago, Ryanc3055 said:

Dealer said the only info they have is what I have last email was build week of 11/15 do you think they should have more info?

Unless your scheduled build date was pushed back for some reason, your truck should have been built and possibly shipped. The Vehicle Visibility report should have been updated certainly. I'd ask your Dealer for a copy. And don't rely on a sales representative to know or have access to the Vehicle Visibility report, etc. 

• Like 1